MS Server 2012 and LACP issue

Associate
We have Server 2012 with Hyper-V (not R2) with LACP configured (address hashing) across 3 NICS.

Over the past 4 weeks the server reboots due to the HP ASR BIOS feature and when the server comes back up no network connectivity.

The fix is for the ports on the Cisco switch where the NICS are cabled into, to be disabled and then enabled again.

I am not sure if issue is with the Server 2012 as the network guy is certain its not the switch config that is the issue. As far as I know its a Cisco switch

Nothing obvious in the event viewer as to why the network doesnt kick in. Local Windows firewall is disabled

Anyone see this issue before ?

Associate
OP
We've been experiencing similar network drops where disabling/enabling the ports at either the switch or NIC fixes issues.

You may want to keep an eye on this

We have Premier Support with MS and I logged a call and they were as useful as a chocolate fireguard and were no help what so ever.

Soldato
How have you got your network set up?

We have a 4 NIC team with 3 vNICs (Management,LM,Cluster) for host traffic, and a 2 NIC team for guest.

Disabling VMQ on any of the NICs or Teams associated with host traffic seems to have made a big difference. (one node was dropping network whenever we tried to LM to it, and now doesn't).

Associate
OP
How have you got your network set up?

We have a 4 NIC team with 3 vNICs (Management,LM,Cluster) for host traffic, and a 2 NIC team for guest.

Disabling VMQ on any of the NICs or Teams associated with host traffic seems to have made a big difference. (one node was dropping network whenever we tried to LM to it, and now doesn't).

4 NICS. 3 as management and 1 NIC for live migration

Also just found out the Team NIC's are all plugged into different switches and it has been set up as LACP and not Switch independant (I didnt build the server but now have taken ownership of it)

Back
Top Bottom