So apparently it's okay to stab a child in the face if they call you Harry Potter

Associate
OP
Assuming thats true - you had an out to get away with it... how would you have responded if you didn't have a way to get away from it?

I would have defended myself in moderation. Just like any normal sane person should.

This guy had an out too. He was able to go into his house. He was never under any sort of physical threat. AND they were 2 young girls probably 1/2 his size.

Get a life dude and stop defending the undefendable. It's so ridiculous.

I'm done

Man of Honour
I would have defended myself in moderation. Just like any normal sane person should.

This guy had an out too. He was able to go into his house. He was never under any sort of physical threat. AND they were 2 young girls probably 1/2 his size.

I'm done

Assuming it was an extended campaign of taunting and tormenting going to his house wasn't an out - it was just a respite from it and it would start all over again tomorrow and the next day. There doesn't have to be a physical threat bullying can be purely psychological.

Given that I find it hard to believe you have experienced real bullying.

I'm not trying to defend anyone here I just understand what it normally takes to make someone snap like that from bullying - and also aware of both that someone can respond like that due to mental instability and how rare that actually is.

EDIT: Now if it was just a one off event and he responded like that then its another matter but very few people normally respond like that to just a one off event. And if you have experience with real bullying you'd know its not that unusual for people to lash our in ways a sane person normally wouldn't once they can't take it any more.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got an older brother, and like all brothers we ended up fighting now and again. From him I learned that perhaps it is not a good idea to insult someone who is bigger or stronger than yourself. I cried, went to my mum, was told maybe I shouldn't **** off my brother next time.

In primary school when a couple of kids picked on me, I pushed one over when I had had enough of it. They cried, went to the teacher, and they didn't do it again.

Oh wait, this guy is 19.

Soldato
Here's what the nice young man did since we're showing pics:

article-0-1B640CD800000578-907_306x423.jpg

article-0-1B640E1300000578-845_634x575.jpg

Such an innocent gentlemen that was obviously right to defend himself against those ferocious bullies!

I think it is safe to say that they won't be bullying him again.

Soldato
AND they were 2 young girls probably 1/2 his size.

You make it sound like they're toddlers, they're 15, and he's only a couple years older. Don't be so ridiculous.

So you don't like anyone disagreeing with you and no-one should have a different opinion from you. Got it.

The guy clearly overreacted, but I've no sympathy for these girls whatsover, they sound like a pair of nasty little s**ts.

Thank the lord for that.

Associate
Wow that's quite an extreme reaction.

He is Certainly deserving of a punishment. But at the same time I can sympathise with victims of bullying, being pushed over the edge like that.

I bet the girls were scummy little scrotes though. Most girls wearing polo shirts and with eyes spaced that far apart are chavs lol.

Permabanned
Being called fat on Facebook isn't being bullied. Getting called Harry Potter is not bullying. That is my point.
I think you are wrong

https://www.gov.uk/bullying-at-school/the-law

Some forms of bullying are illegal and should be reported to the Police

These include:

• repeated harassment or intimidation, eg name calling, threats and abusive phone calls, emails or text messages

Clearly as some children hang themselves over less then I just think you don't understand the effect of taunting on some (apparently unstable) people.

I think more correctly this should be called taunting, you appear to be confusing this with your own experiences of physical intimidation as you keep using the words defence, and belittling the fact that insult was apparently so inoffensive.

Also saying that people understand and sympathies with the kid does not mean they condone his actions.
+1
before the inevitable responses.

Man of Honour
And react with violence :confused:
Only if they have been poorly bought up and/or have anger issues (which again in many cases can be traced to poor parenting/upbringing)

How people snap in a situation like that differs somewhat from person to person and even the best brought up can react with physical violence when pushed too far if they feel its the only recourse left to them. It isn't necessarily the default reaction but its a commonplace one.

Poor parenting/upbringing in the equation is usually a little different in that they can't turn to their parents for support as a way of dealing with it (though sometimes thats not even down to parenting as such) though it can have an impact on the nature of how they react.

Associate
The sentence was right for the use of the 'knife' and the beatings I believe.

I think the OP is just a little naïve as to what vicious bitches some girls can be, if they were bullying him over a prolonged amount of time I have little sympathy for them.

Soldato
Popular Media always likes to have villains, victims and heroes. Real life is not usually so simple. The guy may have been a complete psycho begging to be locked up to start with - I don't know him and have done no research into this case.

A number of school teachers have told me that the bullying they have witnessed perpetrated by girls (mostly to each other but also to boys) is much more vicious and psychologically hurtful than the more direct physical approach generally taken by boys. If this guy was perceived as a soft target and experienced regular humiliation until he snapped, then no one was going to be a winner from the outcome.

Clearly his actions as described are not reasonable or acceptable. However, if he was a bit of a sad case then taunting him until he finally snapped (that comment about him knowing they would follow him does suggest an established pattern) was unlikely to end well. In the slightly improbable circumstance that the truth of this story is really as presented and he flipped purely based on a one time event of a schoolgirl touching his bag and making a comment then he should have course be entering a secure institution to enjoy padded walls and mashed banana dinners for the rest of his days.

Soldato
Adman I hope you at least see some 'other' side of the opinion on this.

Yes, I agree this was completely the wrong way to deal with the situation, I don't think anyone here (in their right mind) would dispute this.

however, it is the DM. I would fully expect this to have been blown out of all proportion in order to sell papers.

If I was to bet on it, I would have said that this bullying (yes, it is, name calling is still bullying) had been going on for years/months and this was the last straw for the guy involved.

Therefore I will hold my judgement of two 'innocent' young girls who had probably been mentally torturing a young man for their own enjoyment because of course, the parents will undoubtably say 'they were lovely kids just having a joke'

I would like to think that with 4.5 years he has realised this is not the way to react, and with the scars that bullying can have bad consequences.

Soldato
I have noticed girls take the stance of I can do what I want you can't hit me I'm a girl. Some of them really take it to an extreme as well.

Regardless he got locked up he deserves that undoubtedly. Most likely the girls deserved a hiding but not to that extent. However none of us were there so I personally cannot say if what happened was justified. Well justified to the extent of slap them not this far.

The fact he took a knife either implies a serious fear or mental issues I cannot imagine any sane person to pick up a knife and think yeah this is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom