*** General Troubleshooting ***

Soldato
This guide has just saved me having to lash out on a replacement motherboard, cpu and cooler. I can save the 500 or so quid now until I'm ready for Haswell.

My PC just wasn't coming back after installing a new Gfx card (not even to the BIOS splash screen).

THANK-YOU !

Associate
Hey Admiral Huddy can you help me out i just finished of my new PC and its been running sorta ok but crashes when stressed visualy for two or so days but i have a r9 270X and it needs 2X6 pin power powered through 4 pin two Molexs trouble is this means i need 4 Molex sockets but i don't have 4 only 3. Question is should i get a new PSU or just use a Molex splitter. PS my PSU is 500w

Associate
yea thanks for the post! helped me much
pewsig.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hey Admiral Huddy can you help me out i just finished of my new PC and its been running sorta ok but crashes when stressed visualy for two or so days but i have a r9 270X and it needs 2X6 pin power powered through 4 pin two Molexs trouble is this means i need 4 Molex sockets but i don't have 4 only 3. Question is should i get a new PSU or just use a Molex splitter. PS my PSU is 500w

Are you sure its not an overheating problem? i had a similar issue with my first rig. worst of all, my problem was resolved once i got rid of this tuned cooler and installed the stock cooler again :-s

Associate

do you have it running off 2 separate cables or 2 molex on the same cable?

Associate
PC's really P!$$ me off sometimes. I just finished a new ryzen build. Setup windows 10 on it. Switched it off overnight. Turned it on the following morning and power cut off after 2 seconds. Everything switched on for two seconds then cut out. So I took the RAM out and reinserted it - then did the same with the GPU and it's been running fine for 7 hours now.

Associate
Thanks for the great guide Admiral Huddy.

I am starting to have an issue. My secondary gaming computer has a 1440 monitor that is about 3 yrs old and I have a R9 Fury about 3 to 4 yrs old. When games load or screen pictures change there is now sometimes a white edge around one side of the display. The computer and monitor has not been changed and so nothing has come loose. looking at your guide I should try another monitor and perhaps replace the cable. An other ideas as to what it may be?

Associate
Got an issue that is perplexing me I upgraded to a 3080 so naturally needed a psu upgrade so I went with a 850w gold evga I done the paperclip test on the psu and it works fine as the fan keeps spinning till I shut it off but when I connect it to the motherboard and turn the psu on the psu fan wont even spin and nothing happens when I try to start the motherboard except the motherboard lights up so I checked my case power button connection and that is fine so I thought I should jump start the power on pins on the mobo but nothing happens so I tried my older psu and the same happens is this the likely signs the board is dead

Back
Top Bottom