*** The 2014 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
Mmmmmm... Boring but big isn't great from an accessory perspective.

My personal preference is to keep the accessory movement to three sets of 8 or 10 reps for compound work, and 12 for isolation stuff.

Boring but big doesn't really help other than perhaps reinforce your motor patterns... Assuming they are good in the first place...

Last edited:
Soldato
Any of you guys wear full finger gloves? Any recommendation of what to buy?
I've got fingerless but at home in my garage the end on my finger go numb on the bar and I've not really got a way of heating the bar.

lnaElK4Q

kai

kai

Soldato
You may or may not be interested but it's FREE!

The company that I am involved in have launched a whole raft of workout's, so as a launch they are giving away the core workout for free.

Free Abs Plan

Workouts

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting quote from an article about Cristiano Ronaldo:

His physical evolution incorporated all facets of athletic performance, with additional sprint and reaction work polishing up his raw, genetic gifts.
But it was the mastering of strength workouts and Olympic lifts - total body exercises performed in an explosive manner at pace - that were behind the development of a muscular physique that has gone on to adorn billboards and magazine covers across the world.
Deadlifts and power cleans were two favourites in his gym routine, with the level of resistance and speed of execution slowly increased over his near six years in Manchester.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25719657

Associate
Without starting a new thread:

150 pounds. 5 10". Cut for the best part of last year but my lack of muscle mass is evident as up to now I haven't done any lifting whatsoever. Still relatively high BF%.

I've got a routine I am going to go with, but what should I do with calories? Eat at maintenance or above/below?

I was planning on keeping my calories at maintenance whilst I begin lifting,

Any advice is appreciated.

Man of Honour
Slighty above,150lbs at 5'10 is tiny you'll look a lot better once you put on some mass as I imagine you've got a skinny fat look going at the minute.

Associate
Mmmmmm... Boring but big isn't great from an accessory perspective.

My personal preference is to keep the accessory movement to three sets of 8 or 10 reps for compound work, and 12 for isolation stuff.

Boring but big doesn't really help other than perhaps reinforce your motor patterns... Assuming they are good in the first place...

Boring but big is terrible. I think only the more recent iterations of Wendler's work have stopped being a total shambles.

Thanks, while doing the BBB for the big compound lifts I did doubt the benefits of doing 5x10 deadlift/squat sets... Should I move onto other accessory programs such as the "triumvirate", or stick of 3x8-10 reps of a couple excercises per work out?

Back
Top Bottom