Poll: *** The All New Windows AV Thread - Keep All AV Questions in Here ***

What AV do you use?

• Total voters
Soldato
I used Avast but it was causing PC lockups so I'm now using Avira, it's not the best but it does me fine :) I use it as a AV + Firewall. It's firewall isn't the best but if it's turned off it's annoying about it so I just leave it on.

Caporegime
Yeah some drivers it was installing were causing lockups. They've stopped now.

You trusted the software update feature? :p

When I installed it and saw that option my reaction was "Ahaaaaaaahaaaaaa, I don't think so..." *unticks box* :rolleyes:

I wouldn't let any AV do that for me. I wouldn't even want Windows to do it without asking.

Associate
Stick with norton. I have usually been able to renew for about £12 in recent years. Can't seem to find anything this year though... Renewal in about a week..

Soldato
Stick with norton.

as far as i'm concerned, norton is a virus. i remember using someone's machine where the subscription had ran out and the ****ing thing kept flashing popups in my face telling me to subscribe - the very same behaviour you'd expect from a machine that has been infected. as i didn't have admin rights, i couldn't even stop it.

i've also ran into problems fixing other people's pcs which have had it installed. un-installing it has not been clean and left the internet broken. it took ages trawling google on another pc to fix it.

i would not touch that crap if you paid me let alone expect me to pay for it.

Soldato
Yeah some drivers it was installing were causing lockups. They've stopped now.

e; @marc2003 At least cancer can be dealt with (most types) :p

Install Avast 2014 free without software updater,that's what I did.

As to AVG remark well I have used free version and it was fine,only one that gave me issues was Bitdefender 2014 Free ie kept crashing my Origin launcher when trying to play ME3,both Avast and AVG never gave me that issue.

Back
Top Bottom