UEFA Champions League/Europa League 18/19/20 February *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
No I will be taking out the "in moyes we trust" banner

LOL :D

Anyhow interesting game tonight between City and Barca, it was pretty evenly matched till DeMichelis decided to bring down Messi...first of all wasnt a penalty but was so close that you really cannot blame the ref for giving it but it was a red card. In hindsight if that long haired ****** had just let Messi go, Hart might have been able to save his chance or put him off.

Saying that City had their chances though so they cant feel too hard done by, in fact after going down a man i thought they played much better than Barca, looked far more dangerous than Barca.

But soon as the second goal went it, that was pretty much it. Dont think City even with Aguero in the return leg will be able to score 3 past Barca but then stranger things have happened. Either way it will be an intersting return leg at the Nou Camp, good luck to City if they manage to beat Barca there.

As for the PSG game, pretty easy for PSG...saw Ibra's goal which was a beauty.

Soldato
Such a shame that City didn't seem to relax and play their best stuff until they were 1-0 down with only 10 men, Barcelona didn't look anything special.

This is how I felt. City really wasted a massive opportunity in the first hour because they arguably played better than Barca once Demichelis was sent off, I'm not at all optimistic about things turning around at their place but that doesn't really change anything for me as I figured we wouldn't even make it to the semi-final.

Soldato
A lot of the broadsheet reporters (Oliver Kay, Sam Wallace etc) tweeeing from the City post match press conference. Pelligrini gone into Meltdown of Mancini proportions. Questioning the ref's integrity, claiming he decided the game, he made a mistake in the Barca vs AC Milan game (In AC's favour) and he put it right tonight.

Caporegime
A lot of the broadsheet reporters (Oliver Kay, Sam Wallace etc) tweeeing from the City post match press conference. Pelligrini gone into Meltdown of Mancini proportions. Questioning the ref's integrity, claiming he decided the game, he made a mistake in the Barca vs AC Milan game (In AC's favour) and he put it right tonight.

Really, bit surprising to hear if true. Always thought Pellegrini was a calm collected sort of guy...suppose hes right to be upset about the penalty as it really wasnt a penalty but it was pretty close to the box. Also he probably thinks that for the first time in god knows how many yrs he has a squad that can actually beat Barca but felt robbed due to the penalty decision.

City as i said had their chances even when they went a man down but didnt make them count..if anything they should have at least walked away with a draw at the very least.

Soldato
Really, bit surprising to hear if true. Always thought Pellegrini was a calm collected sort of guy...suppose hes right to be upset about the penalty as it really wasnt a penalty but it was pretty close to the box. Also he probably thinks that for the first time in god knows how many yrs he has a squad that can actually beat Barca but felt robbed due to the penalty decision.

City as i said had their chances even when they went a man down but didnt make them count..if anything they should have at least walked away with a draw at the very least.

I remember a few years back City Played Utd in the League cup semi and City were all about the Razamatazz and blue moon rising and all that. A lad who was a coach at our football club who is a Bertie said before the game and all the way to the ground, Utd were up for it a lot more. Not violent or anything but they knew how to react in the big games.

Despite throwing a lot of very very good players together, the club is still coming together and it needs to mature. City don't have the big club big game mentality yet that you get with the likes of Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea just yet

Edit

you would expect maybe SAF or Wenger to come out with some of the lines from Pelligrini has come out with maybe 15-20 years ago

Caporegime
What decision would've changed that game other than a really hard to call in real time penalty decision?

All those goal mouth fouls Valdes had the ball anyways, or even the one on Dzeko he saved, City had their chances and ****** up and Kompany screwed them over at the back.

I don't think any single decision would have changed the game massively, I thought Man City just didn't play well until 1-0 down with 10 men and by then it was too late.

My point is mainly that Premier League sides play a full season where they're allowed to challenge for the ball, but then in the Champions League you get referees like today who award fouls for simply going shoulder to shoulder, which clearly favours the continental sides.

Caporegime
Classic Keano on itv. 'Kompany doesn't know what he's talking about' :D

Man city had 9 shots total, 3 on target against both Barca and Bayern. Barca had 10 shots, 4 on target, Bayern had 21 shots, 8 on target. Of course City had Aguero, Fernadinho(match fit) and Nastasic so a completely full first team against Bayern. Bayern dominated against a stronger team(than Barca played), had more shots, scored more and could have scored WAY WAY more and at no stage were struggling offensively and didn't struggle defensively. Barca got an undeserved penalty, while later on Cesc was called offside for a certain goal that was disallowed, City had changed how they were playing by then and a man short. They still only just scraped 2-0 in the dying seconds against 10 men, struggled for long periods and gave City some great chances, and this was without City's best player, with a donkey in midfield and Fernandinho no where near his best.

In other words when Kompany said Barca weren't the best team they played this season, he was bang on and Keane as per usual is a moron who hasn't got a clue. Bayern were significantly better than Barca, and City went away and beat them. For a failed manager and now pundit who isn't tired from 2 hours of playing football, he has no excuse to be unaware of how much better Bayern were at the Etihad than Barca.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Classic Keano on itv. 'Kompany doesn't know what he's talking about' :D

One of the best players in the premiership but my god I wish he would shut up and go away, he always comes across as having an axe to grind or some old grudge he feels the need to point score against.

A terrible manager and pundit.

Soldato
Keep Jose out of the Final. All he will do is play like he did against City and it will be the dullest final you will ever see.

Barca vs Bayern IMO is the perfect final for this years CL.

Back
Top Bottom