UEFA Champions League/Europa League 18/19/20 February *** Spoilers ***

Caporegime
Would normally have gone tut pub to watch the Arse game tonight. Sadly Man-Flu has seen off that idea.

So I start looking at PayPerView options. Sky's response (from their forums) is "You need to pay a years subscription to all 6 SkySport channels to enjoy the Champ's League." Well, that's not happening :p

I can't get NowTV apparently through my SkyBox. Not sure but I think you need an XBox or a NowTV box to get that. Their price for the game is £10, but since I don't have the hardware that's out too.

So... are any Champ's League games available on PPV? Sky said they have exclusive rights so you must buy a whole year's sub to watch in the UK?

Caporegime
I was watching sky 1 yesterday and they said the football would be on that, dunno if that requires the sky sports sub

Associate
Would normally have gone tut pub to watch the Arse game tonight. Sadly Man-Flu has seen off that idea.

So I start looking at PayPerView options. Sky's response (from their forums) is "You need to pay a years subscription to all 6 SkySport channels to enjoy the Champ's League." Well, that's not happening :p

I can't get NowTV apparently through my SkyBox. Not sure but I think you need an XBox or a NowTV box to get that. Their price for the game is £10, but since I don't have the hardware that's out too.

So... are any Champ's League games available on PPV? Sky said they have exclusive rights so you must buy a whole year's sub to watch in the UK?

As stated, if you want to pay £10 to watch one game in sub SD quality then you can get now.tv on your PC.

Soldato
I thought Silva was a huge underperformer (relative to what he is capable of) for City last night. His pressing was headless, he didn't retain the ball very well and he got bullied quite a bit by Barca. I hope he plays more in line with what he is capable of at the Nou Camp.

Soldato
I thought Silva was a huge underperformer (relative to what he is capable of) for City last night. His pressing was headless, he didn't retain the ball very well and he got bullied quite a bit by Barca. I hope he plays more in line with what he is capable of at the Nou Camp.

i thought he was one of the players that was dangerous for city, he just did'nt have anyone infront of him..

and be fair, he plays a free role. you don't have your free role closing people down, sort of defeats the point of it.

Soldato

You could look to see if any relatives who have sky sports would be willing to let you access their online account? You could then just watch it on your PC by logging into their sky account. I can't see what would be wrong with that...

Associate
Well, what's the alternative?

(Apart from this game which as pointed out is on Sky 1 :p)

If you go to now.tv you can buy a normal 24 hour sports pass for £9.99 which it states covers the Arsenal game (and it says it's on Sky Sports 1).

All you need is a SKY ID (free) and a laptop (unless you have now.tv box)

It's also on Sky1. If you have an ongoing Entertainment pass for now.tv you will be able to watch the game as part of that without buying a Sky Sports day pass. Which is nice :) In fact the cheapest way to watch this without Sky would be to buy an Entertainment pass (£4.99 for a month, no contract), watch the game an 30 days of Sky channels then cancel.

Last edited:
Associate
The good news from a neutral point of view is that at least Pellegrini is forced to not started Dimichelis so they won't be playing 11v10 from the start. He can blast the ref all he wants, but he's the one picking a liability all the time.

Caporegime

He almost always under performs in such games. Nasri was actually great, he was a little lazy in the first few mins after coming on, which is to be expected, but he was closing people down and putting his foot in after that. Silva is a big girl, when there is a loose ball he will almost never go in for it. When others closed players down and it went to someone near him he was the weak link and would half ass the closing down of the player he should giving them an easy pass forward again.

Against Chelsea, who weren't very good for the first 20 mins except on the break, Silva could have scored two, both pretty easy chances, one very easy. One goal let alone two could have completely changed the outcome of that tie and put City in pole position for the title race. Silva is not a big game player, he is the definition of a player who can only look good when everyone around him is playing well. He needs runners to make him space to work in and occupy people so they don't put him under pressure, exactly the wrong type of player in a game where you want to counter attack and only have him and the striker up the field.

Particularly in the first year in the competition, Nasri/Silva made the worst possible combination in the champs league, both got bullied off the ball so easily, absolutely ineffective. Nasri however seems to have improved a hell of a lot in the past year, he works harder, and is much much less afraid to put his foot in than Silva. If you were to start one of them, it would be Nasri without a doubt now, Silva is consistently useless in these games.

Caporegime
It wasn't barca best performance and yet they still won. That's without 50 million neymar starting or being fully fit either.

barca aren't as physically strong as bayern or city and it showed.

He cost at least 87mil Barca have stated now but it's still believed he really cost the club 95mil + AND the result of legal battles could mean he costs significantly more.

It's shaping up that they paid the father 40mil as a penalty from a contract which said they wouldn't move for Neymar till his contract was up end of the 2014 season... which is lovely, Neymar, his family and Barca had a contract that initially would have seen Santos get nothing so they could pocket extra millions. Either way, they have seemingly hidden many payments from Santos, so if Santos were supposed to get say 50% of the transfer fee and Santos were told Neymar's family were getting 17mil, then Santos get 17mil. If Neymar's family really got 40-50mil then Santos should have gotten the same. With random parts of the deal added on Barca have seemingly admitted he now cost around 87mil, but it's still thought he cost quite a bit more. If Santos can prove it and take them to court, Barca may have to pay up a huge amount more to Santos(though it's looking less and less like Santos can prove it).

Dodgy deal and another footballers father involved in dodgy shenanigans like Messi/his dad. From what I gather Messi/his father went to court and paid out a huge sum in tax they had forgotten to pay, I don't know if anything came of it, or will come of it. But considering the huge amount they paid up sharpish it suggests they were most certainly not paying what they should have been to that point. Bit sickening really, dodgy deals making a player cost almost 100mil in attempts to screw clubs out of money, when that club gave Neymar his chance and training. Messi/his dad trying to dodge tax when he gets a ridiculous sum of money each year anyway.

Soldato
The good news from a neutral point of view is that at least Pellegrini is forced to not started Dimichelis so they won't be playing 11v10 from the start. He can blast the ref all he wants, but he's the one picking a liability all the time.

Nastasic is apparently going to be fit from the 22nd so we should be able to play our best back four.

Back
Top Bottom