Tongue cleaners

Soldato
There only seems to be two players here, the Orabrush and Dr.Tung's tongue cleaner. Dr.Tung uses curved stainless steel so could last years. But it scrapes the surface whereas the Orabrush is a brush and scraper in one and would get into crevices to remove deeper bacteria. Which to buy?

Permabanned
My Oral B Triumph 5000 has a tounge scraper and its fantastic. Cleans much better than using a toothbrush. I drink a lot of Coffee and no toothbrush can get the brown coating off no matter how hard you brush so they do work.

One

One

Soldato
I use whisky for a deep cleanse. At 50% alcohol I guarantee it kills more bacteria than your safe-for-children ****e.

Soldato
Yes. I actually asked my dentist after seeing tongue cleaners on TV, he said they're an absolutely redundant waste of money (but warned me not to be too zealous with my toothbrush as it could go the other way).

Is that how people end up at A&E needing a toothbrush to be extracted from their ****?

Soldato
OP
This.

Take better care of your oral hygiene and not let it get to a situation were you have to ask a bunch of internet forum randomers.

Lol, I go to the dentist every 6 months for a check up plus £50 for half an hour with the hygienist. I use Tepe brushes every day before brushing. The point is that everyone needs to scrub their tongues as well (the very back of the tongue in particular) to get rid of bacteria build up.

Tea Drinker
Don
Lol, I go to the dentist every 6 months for a check up plus £50 for half an hour with the hygienist. I use Tepe brushes every day before brushing. The point is that everyone needs to scrub their tongues as well (the very back of the tongue in particular) to get rid of bacteria build up.

I'm going to say a big resounding nope to that, you've fallen for the hygienists speel and happily handing over a couple of hundred pounds a year for nothing.

Brush your teeth properly and use the brush on your tongue.

There is a reason we have bacteria in us and unless you have a particular problem it's very natural.

Commissario

lol, you need to go to a dentist who doesn't overcharge and if it's your dentist who's told you that 'everyone needs to scrub their tongue' then you also need to find one who doesn't spout utter rubbish.

Soldato
My particular favourite is those whitening toothpastes which say on them 'for best results, brush 3, 4, maybe 5 times a day!'

Its just a way to sell three, four, five times more toothpaste:p

Man of Honour
While I may well venture in to that area while brushing my teeth, it is by no means necessary. Focusing this much on it is pretty weird :p

:edit Bunnykillbot... No it isn't!

Back
Top Bottom