Moazzam Begg at it again

Caporegime
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-26335261

Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg is among four people who have been arrested on suspicion of Syria-related terrorism offences, police have said.

I remember saying it was a bad idea to let this guy back into the community following his brief stay at the Camp X-Ray holiday park. Problem is that we're playing catch up - the rules have changed and we won't admit it.

Soldato
What is it that he is 'at again' anyway? Has he been charged with any crime either by the US while they had him incarcerated, or by the UK when he returned, or since then?

Or should we be able to call in a drone strike on people like this just because?

Permabanned
"The Crown Prosecution Service is sending a tough message and has said anyone who allegedly gets involved in fighting or related activity in Syria risks arrest on return"

LOL, "tough"
they have just risked being shot in the face for Holy Cheeseburger, they are hardly going to wet themselves over the nancy CPS slapping their wrist.

How about just revoking their citizenship instead?
they can play Jihad all day long then.

Soldato
lol at the usual islamaphobes on the scene straight away - get a life!

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that Moazzam Begg was arrested this morning.

"We are confirming this name as a result of the anticipated high public interest to accredited media."

She added naming Mr Begg does "not imply any guilt"

more scaremongering by the bbc to fit the government agenda - can't have the 'war on terror' easing up can we... might have a hard time justifying taking away your civil and human rights - oh wait a minute....

Mr Begg, now a director of campaign group Cage, has always maintained that he was only involved in charity business and that he has never been involved in any kind of terrorist activity.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets see the line up in this thread so far:
scorza, tinders, bitslice

usual culprits for any thread involving muslims/islam bashing. Need I say anymore? ;)

Nope that's correct and I thought the foreigners fighting "the Assad regime" were the good guys, so does that make Moazzam a goodie? This taking sides stuff is getting complex though still fun.

Soldato

usual culprits for any thread involving muslims/islam bashing. Need I say anymore? ;)

It is funny how you mentioned religion but try to blame it on someone else. Funny old world. You aren't from that **** hole brum are you?

Soldato
im actually a Muslim!

:eek:

What, what what??????
/sarcasm

I am an ex-Muslim, I discovered a World and a life without following a fictional character.

Threads such as these on OCUK tend to derail into a pointless disaster zone where one only posts to increase post counts. I'm done and out.....

Caporegime
OP

I am distraught that you would accuse me of Muslim/Islam bashing - I know some lovely people who are Muslims. I'm against Islamic extremism, as I hope everyone else on this forum is, and Moazzam Begg is an Islamic extremist, so I am against him.

Back
Top Bottom