Embarrassing Gamer Confessions

Soldato
Half-Life and, to a much lesser extent, Mass Effect were important stepping stones in the gaming industry. A gamer who doesn't know what Half-Life is or didn't enjoy it is similar to a cinephile who doesn't know what Citizen Kane is or didn't enjoy it. There's nothing weird about it.
I was asking if they were genuinely embarrassed by their admissions. If they are, I maintain that I think that's weird.

I'm fully aware of the impact these games had on the industry and how HL was a huge step up for FPS games, but not liking something that lots of other people do isn't something to be embarrased about. I don't like romcoms, but millions of people in the UK do. Does that embarass me? No, it means I like action films. If I admitted it and got embarassed by it, then yes, I'd think I was acting weird.

Pressing a Playstation controller up against your gooch and then playing a particularly vibratey intro..... that's something to blush about :D

edit: I'd just like to add that I never did the Playstation controller thing! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I quit League of Legends after a year, because it was literally ruining my life.
I spent way to long on it, got very moody, and almost lost my girlfriend over it!

Also:
Some guy in first year of Uni got addicted to Football Manager and got kicked out due to lack of work.
One of my friends almost failed University because of WoW.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to knock one off to the guy on the Barbarian box art
barbarian-amiga-box1.jpg

FIXED :D

My confessions hmmmm

I really enjoy ETS2,
I cant use a keyboard and mouse,
I faked illness to stay at home and play Fifa 13 on release day
I am a recovering rage quitter, its been over a year now but its still a daily struggle :D

Associate
- Basically spent £22,000 to go to Uni and play FIFA for 3 years
- During my dissertation write up I kept myself entertained by obtaining 99 Fishing on Runescape, this cured my desire to ever play it again
- 1,250 hours on Guild Wars 2

Associate
Over 3000 hours logged on World of Warcraft and god knows how much spent on Monthly subscriptions.

Now I just stick to free to play games like League of Legends... so freeeee!

Associate
I bought a PlayStation magazine (about 15 years ago) which came with a free calendar featuring female game characters.

My parents wanted to know why they found it hung up in the bathroom...

Associate
I got stuck and couldn't find how to get out of the train station in the first level of Half Life 2, so gave up and haven't touched it since.

I got so wound up at a game that I punched my monitor off the back of the desk. It broke.

Having recently moved house, I haven't really talked to anyone face to face (except my girlfriend or the postman) since september. That's what guilds and OCUK forums are for, right?!

Soldato
I use to fabricate support calls (we're talking 10 years ago) on our helpdesk system in such a way that I'd be on site for long periods at sites where you couldn't get mobile signals.

By on site I mean at home playing MMOs during the day..

Soldato
Never played Half Life 2. My excuse is that the FOV in the original demo (as with other Valve games) made me ill. Still feels like I should've played it though.

I spent several months playing Trainz 2006. Driving trains did nothing for me, but I really loved designing tracks and watching trains run along them... That was nearly 8 years ago now and I've been clean ever since. :D

Back
Top Bottom