• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
6ff87a58a3df08d262931a7b8da15610.jpg

3930K @ 4.625 - Single Titan @ 1267/3767

Min - 45.4
Avg - 89.3
Max - 115.4

Soldato
+1.

I'm pretty surprised at this tbh. AMD have been on the ball on this front for a long time now with all the big releases. (bar some gameworks titles - which is not surprising) But its surprising to see there is no crossfire profile for Thief. They must be snowed under with Mantle issues atm.

Yeah i got it sorted now. Like a boss. :D

Whilst it's admirable that AMD are trying to effect change with better performance at api level it seems they've completely forgotten that doing the basics right is the most important thing, then build from there. If they can't get working crossfire performance out of the door on a AMD gaming evolved title then something is fundamentally wrong! At this stage I couldn't care less about mantle if my system is effectively running at 1/3 capacity.

On top of that the powerplay bug hasn't been fixed and worst of all the crossfire Vsync issue still remains! The driver team were doing so well for a while with frame pacing etc. but since Mantle has come to the forefront I've been less than impressed.

Last edited:
Associate
I had problems with clocks up down ingame.
Uninstall and reinstall latest beta 14.2 and now clocks are stable even on menu.
ux7n.jpg

8ml4.jpg

Caporegime
Since when did a stock 2500K double a top end core 2 quad? I know it's got like ~45% IPC more, but we're talking like 2.5 times the difference in performance here!

I wonder if Phenom II X4's are getting nailed as hard?

By the FX6 to FX8 results, doesn't seem all that threaded, unsurprisingly.

Caporegime
Since when did a stock 2500K double a top end core 2 quad? I know it's got like ~45% IPC more, but we're talking like 2.5 times the difference in performance here!

Very old CPU missing extensions? + 2.8Ghz vs 3.7Ghz 'Boost', DDR2 vs DDR3.

+ 45% IPC + 31% clock rate = + 76% + DDR2 vs DRR3, it doesn't seem that unrealistic to me. it all adds up :)

Caporegime
We'll have to see Phenom II results, but DDR2 never hammered it that much, Phenom II X4's DDR2 to DDR3 yielded like nout.

IMO, it doesn't add up, it's the only game with that type of mountain difference.

And the 2500K wouldn't be boosting and the Core 2 is at 3GHZ, so it's like 10% difference in core clock and ~ 45% IPC.

AVX could explain it somewhat, but since when has an UE3 game ever been crippled by a Core 2?

Needs Phenom II's.

Last edited:
Caporegime
We'll have to see Phenom II results, but DDR2 never hammered it that much, Phenom II X4's DDR2 to DDR3 yielded like nout.

IMO, it doesn't add up, it's the only game with that type of mountain difference.

And the 2500K wouldn't be boosting and the Core 2 is at 3GHZ, so it's like 10% difference in core clock and ~ 45% IPC.

AVX could explain it somewhat, but since when has an UE3 game ever been crippled by a Core 2?

Needs Phenom II's.

Its an old out of date CPU on an old out of Date platform, i don't think you can compare them linear to a modern platform.

Its not just about IPC and clock rates.

My Bloomfield i7 destroyed a Haswell i5 in 3DMark Physics, its with in 10% of a Haswell i7, that same Haswell i5 destroyed my Bloomfield i7 in Cinebench.

Caporegime
Nevermind then, I still want to see Phenom II results, either way, I'm still pegging it as an outlier.

And your Haswell/Bloomfield thing isn't the same comparison really, I get what you're saying, but we're talking about an old engine here, and out of nowhere we have an old CPU getting crippled where it's never done before on the same engine etc.

Caporegime
Nevermind then, I still want to see Phenom II results, either way, I'm still pegging it as an outlier.

And your Haswell/Bloomfield thing isn't the same comparison really, I get what you're saying, but we're talking about an old engine here, and out of nowhere we have an old CPU getting crippled where it's never done before on the same engine etc.

I can run some tests on mine when i get the game.

Caporegime
That's some nice performance from the GTX 780Ti and 290X in 1440P. Some of the poor reviews have put me off this game but I might pick it up when it's on offer. How are people finding the game so far?

Some reviewers gave Tomb Raider a poor rating. and yet i though it was one of the most enjoyable games that had come about in quite a while, so did a lot of others who actually played the game.

Opinions are like Bum Holes, every reviewer has one in their ranks.

Caporegime
I enjoyed BF4's single player campaign more than I have enjoyed Thief and Thief is even more linear, with one set route being the only option. You get spotted and leg it but sadly, no where to hide, as you only have a single route that has no branching off it at all.

At least if you got it with an AMD code, it was free, so you have not lost anything but I can't see me playing this shallow game any more. Might have to do the bench again though :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Rushed out. Not optimised?

Caporegime
I was complaining about that only a few posts up!

4am starts bud. Missed that sorry.

In fairness though, the game runs at mental high frames, CF/SLI isn't really needed (unless you run a very high res). I did have a go earlier on a single Titan 1080P and still very smooth and to the naked eye, i couldn't tell if it was a single card or SLI.

UE3 modified but still not demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom