• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sell my ref 290x for Tri-X 290?

Associate
OP
You dont need the Asus bios.Trixx gives you +200mV thats plenty to play with.Hell even too much for air cooling.

Ah ok great - thanks. When thinking about it further I know afterburner only goes up to +100mv for these cards anyway so I certainly won't be using any more than that with day-to-day overclocks.

Associate
OP
So I've just received my Sapphire 290 Tri-X and so far very, very impressed.

For starters I have just gone straight in with +50 power limit and set the core to 1000 so I am back to my reference 290X speeds. Heaven is looping in 720p window mode atm (whilst I do other things) and the card is 65 degrees and silent. Hynix memory too so might have better luck with this than the Elpida I had on the ref card.

I shall give it a workout tonight and tomorrow - will post results in relevant threads.

Back
Top Bottom