• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Does the 13.12 drivers support this game

Yes, I just ran it on my wife's 760K/HD7850 based system. Downloading the 14.2 betas now to see what the performance will be like with a driver that is meant to be optimised for the game.

Hopefully this driver won't lose my profile again.... :o

EDIT: Good job AMD....

(note - Not the same benchmark settings as per the OP - but directly comparable between runs)

13.12 - 36.6
14.2 - 32.3 & a stuttery mess to boot

*sigh*

Oh and it lost my Eyefinity profile as well...... *double sigh*

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got the game and looking forward to giving it a go.

ran the benchmark too so here's my results.

Maxed settings as per thread.

13.12 drivers
1080P

Asus R9 290X @1150/1400
4770K @4.6

Ls1zViq.png

Min=57.1
Max=104.5
Avg=78

Associate
I ran it earlier for the first time and the game is far too linear and hand holdy to really enjoy, but it looks pretty for the dated engine. However, 2nd, 3rd and 4th attempt to boot it up resulted in bsod on initial loading screen. So I guess I will not be playing it again in a hurry (I won't lose much sleep over it).

Soldato
Overclocked run, smashed it. Had to double check settings :D

1080P

4960 @ 4.7 (water)

780Ti SC ref (water) 1315/1965

oz2u.jpg

Caporegime
Thief patch date confirmed, Mantle and TrueAudio incoming

Thief patch date confirmed, Mantle and TrueAudio incoming

VFLMRD8.jpg.png

AMD, Nixxes, and Eidos-Montreal have been working on implementing Mantle and TrueAudio support in the PC version of Thief for some time now, and it's finally coming to fruition: AMD and Eidos-Montreal have confirmed to us the patch enabling these features will go live Tuesday, March 18.

For those unfamiliar, Mantle is an API that offers higher framerates and lower frame time latency thanks to its programmer-friendly low-impact design; TrueAudio improves audio depth while reducing load on your CPU and RAM. You can find out more about the latter here.

I'll have much more information to share on Mantle and TrueAudio in Thief soon when our upcoming testing article goes live. In the meantime, check out our tech review if you haven't yet.

Source
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1337463903#post1337463903

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom