South Park - The stick of truth

Soldato
Not a massive South Park fan but still enjoying this, its a pretty solid RPG-lite :)

You can't argue with the love that has been put into this game though, this is how tie in games should be done.

all games should have this much love put into them.

no problem paying £30 for this.

Associate
is this worth getting? I've heard its not very long...

About 10 hours from start to finish with everything completed for me on hardcore difficulty level...

The main issue I had was the difficulty - I wish Obsidian had balanced out the game a bit better. Playing Mage with lots of fire and ability boosts mean everything gets one shotted by the ultimate firebomb ability. All the boss fights felt like they were too easy as well - the game is quite fun but I wish they had at least given you the option to play on a higher difficulty setting. Shame that it had to be dumbed down for the console crowd.

But yes, it's worth getting - it's still a great deal of fun, which is what ultimately matters.

Soldato
Any ideas on how to tap keys faster on a keyboard?

Few things require you to spam a key really fast but Im just not quick enough!

I tense my arm/wrist to the point where my hand is shaking very quickly. I arrange my hand in a pointing gesture and 'vibrate' my finger against the key/mouse button. I have been using this technique for many years.

It also has applications in the bedroom

Permabanned
Steam do not set the prices.

:confused::o.

So 15 hours of entertainment, I listened to Video Gamer UK's podcast (which is fantastic) and they said the game is about 12 hours long, but if we take it as 13.

Paying £40 for 13 hours of game play is about what? £3 odd an hour? Add in as mentioned in the second quote, that you can replay it as 3 addition classes and extra things on top of that.

£40 for (13 x 4 = 52) then if we add the extra's as being another 7 hours, it takes the game to 60 hours of entertainment (definitely more) for £40 works out at what? Something like £0.60 an hour?

Why do people baulk at paying what appears to be really good value for money per hour of entertainment?

I am tempted to pick it up, but it will probably have to wait until a few things fall in to place; pay day, free time, no Uni assignments :p.

Your method of justifying the price is retarded. This game is in no way worth £40.

Associate
I also don't get why people go white at the thought of spending £40 on something that you will get enjoyment out of?
I bought it from Steam, I expect it will last me a good few evenings and I also expect I will laugh my backside off all the way through. That price seems well deserving if I get that level of enjoyment out of it :)

Associate
Was playing this before and one of my kids happened to come into the room whilst my character was relieving himself of some air. Got made to do the same thing for the next five minutes. It gets annoying. :(

Caporegime
Your method of justifying the price is retarded. This game is in no way worth £40.

No it is not.

It has a worth, that will include having to cover costs of every aspect of the development and if you play the game, like mentioned, it only costs you a few pounds or less an hour. That is a perfectly reasonable (if not incredibly generous) money per hour of entertainment.

Do not all just be cheap skates. It's perfectly good value for money.

Permabanned
Great game, I got it from the Interwebz and its running so smoothly on my very old laptop.

I got the 2 DLC packs too, Its just some stuff to wear which increases stats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom