• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire R9 280X Toxic fps drop

Associate
Ive just upgraded my system, AMD FX8320 on a Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z mobo. 16gb corsair vengeance ram, corsair 750 modular gold rated psu. Corsair H100i cooler.

My problem being my GPU now seems to be dropping fps in all applications. On all brnchmarks ive done, all games I play and everything else really!
I havent overclocked anything yet, mobo bios is set to optimised but gpu also does it on factory basic bios settings.

Ive noticed a few 290's on here with same issue but this is first 280 ive seen.

I havent tried the other bios on the card yet, I will when im homr from work.

Is there anything I need to do im the mobo bios or could the card be failing?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Which drivers are you on? Any crashes or errors? Also how much of a drop?

latest, 13-12...
Its dropped average 48fps on Thief to 25.
score on 3D mark down to just over 4000 from around 9700 (ish)

Im not talking about a small drop here, its terrible!

Ive tested it on the secondary bios too now, still the same.......

Associate
Try Mantle beta drivers from the website: 14.2. I had major jumping on 2d application when running 13.1 drivers. The stable drivers were not so stable. :)

Associate
OP
Is my R9 280X on the blink!?

Ever since upgrading my mobo my Sapphire R9 280X Toxic is running slower.
FPS have dropped by about a quarter to a half is some cases in games and benches.

Mobo is Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z. Is there something in the bios that may be to blame?

Back
Top Bottom