• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Associate
I loved the heli's and wasn't bad in them but now, as soon as you are airborne, you have missiles coming at you. No locking on sound half the time and very very underpowered. It is the whiney kids who keep whining that spoil this game.

Whiney little kids are in every game.Love them in COD series :D

Permabanned
Ha DMR damage buff across all ranges? They were already pretty good hardcore weapons this is going to be interesting to say the least on Hardcore as i have one for my Support :D

Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
I loved the heli's and wasn't bad in them but now, as soon as you are airborne, you have missiles coming at you. No locking on sound half the time and very very underpowered. It is the whiney kids who keep whining that spoil this game.

A fine line on that balance mate a good two man crew can turn it into a real killer. Perks you want are ECM Jammer and the Stealth Coating to make the locks harder and give you immunity to fly over. But They are not really flyover killing machines like in P4F as there is no Infantry Splash and the hover time is like ten seconds on average before some git locks you or fires an RPG.

You need an expert gunner to spot things you cannot see without his IRNV and him to fire a shot to mark the target. And play it like a real attack chopper who hit from miles out you just sit out with Guided and TV and kill Tanks your gunner marks. You can both sit there and fire across the entire map like an AA. If you want to fly in do it but as soon as you hear the first beep you have to hit ECM and you get ten seconds to flee.

Caporegime
Found these bench results quite interesting.

b8d6594beeabbefef3085fbc25a328f1.jpg

f53cf89b3fe11e35fcd4a18d7dff83b5.jpg

bf0d02f4cca899ba5aa0a8e84efa86a4.jpg

13a911336dcfeda54ba7a39e80b9dd23.jpg

The frames look about right for a 780 (not overclocked) in my opinion.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Found these bench results quite interesting.

b8d6594beeabbefef3085fbc25a328f1.jpg

f53cf89b3fe11e35fcd4a18d7dff83b5.jpg

bf0d02f4cca899ba5aa0a8e84efa86a4.jpg

13a911336dcfeda54ba7a39e80b9dd23.jpg

The frames look about right for a 780 (not overclocked) in my opinion.

Never heard of them, how old is the bench? was it done on 1.4.1 drivers or 14.2?

This is with both on the latest drivers.

DX.

Mantle

As you can see Mantle is almost double the PFS of NV on DX. :)

My own findings.

Caporegime
Don't put settings low Humbug, put them to Ultra and have a play. As for those benches I linked, i have no idea and they are from PCLab (whom I have no idea who they are). You should be able to get higher frames than 42 (I think that was what you got before on ultra) with Mantle and Ultra on floodzone.

Soldato
Not enough vRam, only 2GB.

Yeah this is my one and only gripe with Mantle, the use of the ram... looks like to run mega res's and max games out, 4GB indeed is the future... unless they optimise this feature in future Mantle releases. My 3GB just won't allow me to run 2 or 4 times MSAA as I go to around 3.2-3.3GB used and the game falls apart :rolleyes: Looks like 2xMSAA uses around 400mb of ram on my setup...

Caporegime
Yeah this is my one and only gripe with Mantle, the use of the ram... looks like to run mega res's and max games out, 4GB indeed is the future... unless they optimise this feature in future Mantle releases. My 3GB just won't allow me to run 2 or 4 times MSAA as I go to around 3.2-3.3GB used and the game falls apart :rolleyes: Looks like 2xMSAA uses around 400mb of ram on my setup...

At least you can run ultra of sorts. :)

Permabanned
Downgrade the other settings and keep the Textures Texture Filtering and Mesh Ultra like people do for 120fps.

Im running with 1.5GB of VRAM and i have AF 16X, Ultra Textures and Mesh 4xMSAA and i run with 130% upsampling to be around 1400p or so. And no stutters or FPS dips AB shows me at 1487MB usage on Golmund 64p with 58fps.

Its still go jaggy on my 1680x1050 Dell i have tried 170% upsampling and its still jaggy its only then i run out of vram and tank to 35fps. Im suprised really the textures dont look anything special unless its magically downscaling me somehow i would do great with 2GB.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry for not reading all but the thread is so long now.

Just wondered if Mantle for BF4 is working on the 7900 series or not? I've just installed 14.2 - I assume that's the best driver currently? Just downloading BF4 too, not played it yet.

Thanks to whomever answers

Caporegime
[WU-TANG]GZA;25972360 said:

Just wondered if Mantle for BF4 is working on the 7900 series or not? I've just installed 14.2 - I assume that's the best driver currently? Just downloading BF4 too, not played it yet.

It should work fine so long as you don't exceed the vram limit. More performance optimizations are coming (in the next driver) for Tahiti cards though.

Caporegime
Never heard of them, how old is the bench? was it done on 1.4.1 drivers or 14.2?

This is with both on the latest drivers.

Mantle

As you can see Mantle is almost double the PFS of NV on DX. :)
The fps figures in the second pic look way too low for a 780ti, im getting much better on a bog standard 780 using the same drivers. Im guessing the runs were done with resolution scale turned to 150% or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Soldato
[WU-TANG]GZA;25972360 said:

No not properly. The AMD rep PMed me after I asked him the same question and said they're hoping to include fixes in the April WHQL drivers.

Back
Top Bottom