• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus Rumored to be Crafting Insane Dual-Hawaii Ares III Card

Caporegime
Asus have not had a good track record with these type of cards, if there is any truth in the story it will be wise to steer clear of.

Really?

5970 not good?

6990 not good?

7990 not good?

I know your just expressing your personal opinion but i would think thats a very controversial thing to say.

Generally the feeling as far as i can tell is that AMD's dual GPU's are pretty damned good.

Soldato
Asus have not had a good track record with these type of cards, if there is any truth in the story it will be wise to steer clear of.

Is it not the case that the Asus ares is the fastest card on the planet bar none. Pretty sure just about every special edition card like this has been the fastest but has the price tag to go with it. That's a good track record just not price wise.

Soldato
They are just Halo cards though. If you want to be sensible the Xfire/SLI options are cheaper, faster and more practical at the expense of not being a single PCI-E slot solution.

They are feats indeed but nothing to look forward to in my opinion.

Soldato
Really?

5970 not good?

6990 not good?

7990 not good?

I know your just expressing your personal opinion but i would think thats a very controversial thing to say.

Generally the feeling as far as i can tell is that AMD's dual GPU's are pretty damned good.

Notice how he said ASUS

Permabanned
I think he was building up to posting that BF4 Mantle chart again same as in multiple threads.

And on that note I need take a dump.

Associate
Ares=Mars in Greek so Asus need a bit more imagination.

I'd agree with Kaap. Of the ones I have heard being sold in various forums, virtually every one has had some sort of issue that required rma. Gibbo will know about reliability better but I don't recall if ocuk sold the ares. If they did I can't imagine many sold.

Man of Honour
Yer, Kaap did say Asus, which I take to mean the Mars/Ares series type cards?

Asus ares was rubbish if take into account the number produced and the number of posts with people having problems.

Their dual GTX 580 was also a turkey where there was something not working quite right with SLI which allowed the reference GTX 590 to win in some situations. This is quite embarrassing as the GTX 590 was one of the worst cards NVidia ever produced (I should know I own two).

I am afraid if Asus produce these highend cards and they are dodgy, it needs to be said.

Associate
Sounds interesting, but as pointed out problematic. We all know a dual GPU card will come out its just what form it takes and how insane the power requirements and heat are.

Loved the mars picture as well :)

Back
Top Bottom