'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane

Soldato
My conspiracy senario.

Dodgy drug dealer wanted by police, boards with false passport. Forces his way into a poorly secured cockpit and instructs pilots to turn off all equipment. Then reroutes the plane to a remote airfield.

Soldato
That seems to suggest the plane went down over land. Surely those phones wouldn't connect from the sea bed. :confused:

Apparently someone on Neogaf suggests that if the phone is roaming it can appear to ring through, but it doesn't necessarily mean its on or connected to a network.

Can't say I've experienced the same myself.

Soldato
My conspiracy senario.

Dodgy drug dealer wanted by police, boards with false passport. Forces his way into a poorly secured cockpit and forces pilots to turn off all equipment. The reroutes the plane to a remote airfield.

Aircraft would still show on radar. Unless the radar equipment being used was Secondary Radar Only.

Associate
The Chinese authorities suspect Mario Balotelli had something to do with it..

What a ridiculous thing to say. It was the Malaysians who said that :p

Here is exactly what Rahman said about the appearance of the passengers on the stolen passports.

“It is confirmed now that they are not Asian looking men,” he said.

A reporter asked Rahman to say “roughly” what they looked like. He replied “Do you know a footballer by the name of Balotelli [using an approximate pronunciation of the name]”.

Reporters shouted the the name Balotelli, pronouncing the name footballer’s name correctly. Rahman corrected his initially pronunciation, and said: “Balotelli, yes”.

He added that the nationality of the men could not be confirmed.

Permabanned
If the phones are ringing then surely they could try and determine the location of the phone? (that is if they are ringing etc...)

I thought phones needed to be answered and the call held for a certain length of time for the position to be triangulated. At least that's the way it is in movies.

Associate
Another possible lead...

Hong Kong’s Air Traffic Control Center reported on Mar 10th 2014 around 17:30L (09:30Z) that an airliner enroute on airway L642 reported via HF radio that they saw a large field of debris at position N9.72 E107.42 about 80nm southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, about 50nm off the south-eastern coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea and about 281nm northeast of the last known radar position. Ships have been dispatched to the reported debris field.

oVNZVFn.png

which is pretty much spot on with the last known coords

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom