FIFA 14

Caporegime
Just had a very interesting encounter, quick match with some random using my brazil barca hybrid team and even before kick off i get a message.

HIM: Do you want me to 2 duplicate your players

ME:?

HIM:I can get your players twice

ME:Sounds a little iffy mate, no offense mind.

HIM:Its 100% legit (Sure!)

ME:How (curiosity prompted this reply, i was interested how he was going to prompt me to hand over a few 100K of players)

HIM:Gotta trade your players you want me to duplicate, can only do it twice per console

ME: It's not worth the risk. id rather not be a player down.

HIM: Im honest

I had heard enough, the conversation stopped there. I wonder how many people they actually get with this, People will try it on with anything wont they :D

In other news, I have been messing around with the camera settings on the game and it seems to be helping me judge tackles and perceive gaps a bit more. I definitely played well in the few games i have tried it in though if it is down to that or poor opponents remains to be seen. Really need a few games with someone i am familiar with to see if i perform better than usual.

you have to be pretty new to the game to fall for this or even listen to it.

people have been using that scam to nick players since FUT started.

i've never received that one for many years now, scammers stopped using it after everyone pretty much caught on it's a scam because everyone that had decent players got 1000 duplication messages a day back then.

when i used to get them my first reply would be full of swearing and telling them to continue breeding with their immediate family.

it's actually funny someone is still trying it on after all these years, everyone and their grandad knows that scam inside out by now.

after the duplication era of scamming came the fake EA employee scam.

where they made a stupid gamertag PSN name like EA FIFA ADMIN UK and an email address like [email protected], then messaged you that your account had been hacked or attempted to be hacked and that they had blocked it's access or required your email address and password in order to give the account back to you or unblock it or to stop the account being blocked, etc.

if you were dumb enough to hand over your email address and password then you did get hacked by them obviously and left with nothing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
the smart scammers use fake EA websites now.

basically a website which looks exactly like EA's where you type in your username, password and answer to secret question and it records this info then transports you to the real website and logs you in with the data obtained.

you think you have just went on and logged into the web app as normal, but you have just been taken from behind.

Back
Top Bottom