• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mantle And Screen tearing, do you get any?

Caporegime
Despite the fact that i'm a GFX whore and don't have enough vRam (2GB) to run BF4 on Ultra with Mantle, But i have gone back to it because its awesome! :D

I'm slowly inching the GFX settings up and then playing for some hours before deciding that i can notch one more little part of the setting up (slowly getting some decent GFX)

I have a 60Hz IPS screen, in DX i get a lot of that unsightly screen tearing, especially if it goes over 60 FPS, i really don't like it so i run vSync, I don't run vSync with mantle, i just let it run at <200 FPS and get no screen tearing, or there might be some, but i'm finding it difficult to see it.

Is it just me, how are others finding it on other screens?

Soldato
Yea I can't remember getting tearing with mantle either but I went back to the old drivers for the sake of other games and I get tearing now and then so I run with Vsync on.

Soldato
Despite the fact that i'm a GFX whore and don't have enough vRam (2GB) to run BF4 on Ultra with Mantle, But i have gone back to it because its awesome! :D

I'm slowly inching the GFX settings up and then playing for some hours before deciding that i can notch one more little part of the setting up (slowly getting some decent GFX)

I have a 60Hz IPS screen, in DX i get a lot of that unsightly screen tearing, especially if it goes over 60 FPS, i really don't like it so i run vSync, I don't run vSync with mantle, i just let it run at <200 FPS and get no screen tearing, or there might be some, but i'm finding it difficult to see it.

Is it just me, how are others finding it on other screens?

Also don't get any, while I never notice screen tear unless I look for it. On DirectX I can see it but on Mantle I don't seem to get any.

Tell me if you can see any?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLZ0eeQCBo

Permabanned
ITT AMD users pretend they have gsync alternative before nvidia.

Just jesting, if it has done that then good on AMD.

Edit: Just seen shanks video, definite tearing.

Caporegime
OP
The Voice of Nvidia up there ^^^^ :p

Also don't get any, while I never notice screen tear unless I look for it. On DirectX I can see it but on Mantle I don't seem to get any.

Tell me if you can see any?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLZ0eeQCBo

No, it looks pretty solid, difficult to tell though, have got motion blur on?

PS: bad move getting back into that Tank :p

Soldato
if you don't run v sync you'll get tearing. that's just the way it is, if you run a high fps screen and fast cards you notice it less but it's still there.

Caporegime
There's deffo tearing (When you're turning fast)

Can't say I've noticed tearing for quite a while on my 120HZ screen, even if DirectX :confused: I run Fifa 14 at like 500 FPS and it's perfect.
But I'm aware I should be getting tearing.

I also noticed stutter in your video too :p

Soldato
People have different levels of sensitivity to it :).

Just like some can't handle < 40-50 FPS in online shooters and some are alright. It's about what you're accustomed to and what you're sensitive to :).

Soldato
No screen blur that I can see, but I don't have an aunty Mantle in my family, maybe I'm just showing bias.:p

@Shankly,

Wrong video to show.
That's recording blur not screen tearing, the phones camera can't keep up with the refresh rate, show them one of your firing range videos using screen capture tools.

Soldato
No screen blur that I can see, but I don't have an aunty Mantle in my family, maybe I'm just showing bias.:p

@Shankly,

Wrong video to show.
That's recording blur not screen tearing, the phones camera can't keep up with the refresh rate, show them one of your firing range videos using screen capture tools.

Yeah you right I forgot I done this one to get Borderless Recording with Crossfire.

Still dont see any.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy8t_T7si7s

Soldato
I don't get screen tearing with v sync off.

Can you explain how fella?

I think you just can't see it because you get such insane fps.

if you don't have v sync then at some point the current frame will update half way down a screen refresh and if you're turning you'll get a tear.

If you have insane fps the tear if very small and you may well have more than one, hence you down notice the tearing.

if you have a 60 fps screen and you're getting 180 fps from your graphics cards you have 3 tears per screen refresh.

Back
Top Bottom