Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Hi there Sharpygsxr,

Don't know if this is too big for the cat climber but at just over £100 I am very pleased with it. And also look on Amazon as well as Ebay as they do some good ones for good prices.

Cheers for the pics :)

Yeah thats a lot larger than what im looking for, but cheers for the heads up started browsing them on ebay now :)

Soldato
Hey there everyone,

Thanks for the comments. They are really settling in today and went mad for like 2 hours this morning, tearing round the lounge and then play fighting each other. They are eating loads and have the use of the litter tray down and sorted. I am really impressed they were fine with the litter tray as the breeder said they may not take to the new litter I wanted to use and I was also worried that they wouldn't figure out how to use the flap to get and out of the tray! No worries there though they figured it out fine hehe. Shadow loves his cuddles with me and even Kahn has now come up for cuddles, although Shadow does not like sharing me lol if I stop giving him attention and switch to Kahn he will come over and butt my hand off Kahn lol.

They will only cuddle with me upstairs though and when we are downstairs they seem scared of me and won't really come for cuddles which is a bit weird, so going to do treats down there and playing in the hopes they come around.

So one more picture hehe, here they are in their favorite spot all tired out as we had a good game of chase the mouse a bit earlier hehe.

Soldato
You legend...love hearing about kittens getting a home together :D

Yea we're pleased for them. They're adorable (and bloody hard work) and love each other dearly. Penelope (deaf cat) is the pack leader, so to speak. The first few days we felt sorry for her being deaf and all, now two weeks later, screw you Pen, she own this joint. My girlfriend's mother dared bringing her Labrador round hours and the poor dog got sent packing. From around 4am we may as well get up as Penelope decides it's time for us to get up.

Hard work but totally worth it. And I get to reacquaint with my youth having climbed at least 5 different trees to fish them out.

Soldato
Ha! 18 months on and still living in a tiny flat, I consider myself lucky if My two let me have a lie in until 5am :D

As my fridge magnet says "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast"

:p

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Ha! 18 months on and still living in a tiny flat, I consider myself lucky if My two let me have a lie in until 5am :D

As my fridge magnet says "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast"

:p

You do know you've turned into a card carrying crazy cat lady don't you?. :D

Associate
Interested in the cat climber here, wheres it from? any bigger pics of it?

Been looking for a decent cat frame for the living room, nice assortment of scratching posts and some nice areas for her to climb onto, any suggestions folks?

Dont want anything too huge, but needs to be sturdy enough to not worry about it collapsing first time shes climbing on it :)

Got that one on an Amazon daily deal at half price, Mool Deluxe Paw Print Cat Activity Centre and Scratching Tree/ Post with Hidey-Hole/ 3 Viewing Platforms and Comfy Bed, 89 cm, Grey. Not sure if I can link the actual one from Amazon on here these days.

Soldato
Last year my Sealpoint Siamese Savannah who was 15 and a half years old was put to sleep. My parents to begin always said once I had left home and if anything ever happened to the cats they would not be getting any more, however my Dad who is a soft as pudding couldn't live without a siamese cat in the house well they picked up a kitten

Meet Spirit, a Cinnamon Torty Tabby point Siamese, an absolute handful - was taken when I went down Cornwall in January, to say she's a handful is an understatement.

Associate
1619549_524563171820_201308818_n.jpg

Sammy is all settled in nowbut is very comfortable with me. Had to get him neutered recently as he just wasn't behaving and ever since he's been very dosile and sweet and very affectionate. He's a big fan of being stroked... all the bloody time. And likes to give his own wakeup calls to me... partly by parking his bum either in my face or on my head.

He doesn't like my housemates for some reason but I think it's mostly because he doesn't see as much of them as he does me and so he's a bit apprehensive. Feliway helped him immensely after he had his operation, I would recommend the stuff as it really does chill the cats out!

Associate
Just picked up this beauty from a rescue shelter today, his name is Ziggs and is 5 years old.

iuxbOfD.jpg

Has settled in quite well so far, came straight out his carrier and spent most of his time wandering the house. Seems to love just chilling out at the top of the stairs mainly.

Associate
Yeah as the day progressed he had a few dont even come close to me moments and this morning was a bit hissy everytime I had to get past him but once the other half was up he was following her all over and meowing.

Might of had an issue with a male in the past but hopefully he'll come round, I'm happy to give him time.

Associate

This is Mindy demonstrating how to bring down a wildebeast by attacking the sheepskin rug with Truffle the kitten observing.

This is mindy taking up the side of the bed what you can't see are two other cats on the other side taking up that half.

Soldato
We adopted an unwanted cat on Wednesday and she's been hiding under the bed since we brought her home. She comes out to eat and use the litter tray but she hisses if we try to approach her. Hopefully she will come round as we have no idea of her background other than her age (3 years old). :)

Soldato
Like you said, we don't know what her background is.
She'll come out, when she is ready.

For what its worth, when my sister brings her cats around to my place, one of her cats takes 24 hours to stop biting/scratching/hissing/growling. So I don't go near him for 24 hours. After this 24hr period, he is as good as gold.

Soldato
My Bengal female has just given birth to a kitten!!!!

She picked the most inappropriate spot in my spare room in a box balanced on random stuff. The box is secure but she loves high up places so left her there. Was a little worried at first because she left the kitten but she came back.

First kitten is a mixture of black and white, no bengal that i can see :( The suspected dad was black and white. Luckily she is a very good mum and has quite a few litters so she can take care of it.

Associate
My Bengal female has just given birth to a kitten!!!!

She picked the most inappropriate spot in my spare room in a box balanced on random stuff. The box is secure but she loves high up places so left her there. Was a little worried at first because she left the kitten but she came back.

First kitten is a mixture of black and white, no bengal that i can see :( The suspected dad was black and white. Luckily she is a very good mum and has quite a few litters so she can take care of it.

I have got to ask...why?? Why are you letting what I imagine is a purebred Bengal breed with the local cats? You suspect the dad is black and white so I'm guessing its not a proper thought out mating to better the breed?

Does the breeder of your cat know your being so irresponsible? Why would you let her have several litters? Not to mention she could get diseases from mating with random cats!

No wonder rescues are almost full to bursting!

Back
Top Bottom