*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Soldato
I know the background. Can you confirm what has changed?

Quick example being the FTC addon that was very popular, with the APi as it was you could knock up an auto interupt at the basic level all the way to autofire spells based on classes in front of you to 100 button macros & complex botting procedures. As they have no idea what the player base can do they are clsing it all off.

I burst into tears every time Tabula Rasa is mentioned, just so you know.

Christ I had forgotten about that, Richard Garriott wasnt it?

Associate
I don't see the issue with this? I'm sorry, maybe explain it a little more as i'm confused as to why this is an issue.

You get less XP for PvP then PvE, as this is clearly stated by the devs. But as PvP content is made by the players, the more players the more XP. :rolleyes:

I don't have an issue with it either. If you read my reply again you'll see I say that PvPers will level fine without due to the mass warfare they partake in, and PvEers won't care as they'll be levelling via quests and shouldn't be trying to level in Cyrodiil if they're PvE players anyway.

'Not worth making' is very subjective. As I've just posted a crafting post from the devs, have a read of that. Pretty sure I'll take their word over his. :D

It's not his word, he's just copying concerns from PTS players. No, crafted stuff is better on the way to 50, but once you hit vet rank it becomes inferior and it is a bit of smoke and mirrors the way the devs are careful to not use post 50 tenses when they talk about it. Crafted set bonus' don't match up with what you get from dropped stuff, hence the concerns about crafting. I guess it's a fine line between neutering a major selling point of your game or doing away with 90% of items you get from mobs. I'm sure they'll strike a balance.

Right, i'm still failing to see the 'massive' issue in this? SWTOR legacy system wasn't finished with your first character? I'm pretty sure the extension to the veteran system is to slow the steam rolling idiots who rush to 50 and complain.

Whats wrong with dragging something out? Why should you be max veteran rank after doing all the zones?

It's not the fact that you should be max rank, but more the issue that if you want players to use alternative routes to get there, then you need to make those routes worthwhile or at least applicable, not reduce them.
You really shouldn't use the TOR grinding, I mean Legacy system as an example for anything MMO related; it was a bad idea that revolved around getting players to do the most boring and mundane things imaginable for ridiculously inconsequential rewards. Daniel Erikson deserves to never work in the industry again for thinking that sort of rubbish is acceptable for any Western MMO game.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's not the fact that you should be max rank, but more the issue that if you want players to use alternative routes to get there, then you need to make those routes worthwhile or at least applicable, not reduce them.
You really shouldn't use the TOR grinding, I mean Legacy system as an example for anything MMO related; it was a bad idea that revolved around getting players to do the most boring and mundane things imaginable for ridiculously inconsequential rewards. Daniel Erikson deserves to never work in the industry again for thinking that sort of rubbish is acceptable for any Western MMO game.

I used the legacy system as thats the only example i could think of that was remotely similar.

You do have alternative routes to increase you veteran rank as you've explain?

Soldato
OP
With regards to veteran ranks:

Reduced the veteran points gained from completing over world content; instanced dungeons and Cyrodiil are unaffected by this change.

From the 0.181 patch.

Looks to me as they are trying to push people away from single player grinding quests into group and PvP play to get more veteran ranks. And that's a bad thing?

Veteran ranks as of 6th of March:

Last edited:
Associate
Great so it sounds like addons are alive and well and as suspected it's the API calls that are clearly exploitable that are getting attention.

I used to do some wow addons back in the day and wanted to create a slick buff timer, health bars and combat text for your own char like is included in FTC but much more discreet and inkeeping with ES games.

Soldato
Great so it sounds like addons are alive and well and as suspected it's the API calls that are clearly exploitable that are getting attention.

I used to do some wow addons back in the day and wanted to create a slick buff timer, health bars and combat text for your own char like is included in FTC but much more discreet and inkeeping with ES games.

Basically depends what sort of info you want Hp bars etc to rely..minimal info you're all good :)

Soldato
It's not his word, he's just copying concerns from PTS players. No, crafted stuff is better on the way to 50, but once you hit vet rank it becomes inferior and it is a bit of smoke and mirrors the way the devs are careful to not use post 50 tenses when they talk about it. Crafted set bonus' don't match up with what you get from dropped stuff, hence the concerns about crafting. I guess it's a fine line between neutering a major selling point of your game or doing away with 90% of items you get from mobs. I'm sure they'll strike a balance.

See u do agree with me on top end crafting :D

Associate
I used the legacy system as thats the only example i could think of that was remotely similar.

You do have alternative routes to increase you veteran rank as you've explain?

You do, you're correct but as I pointed out originally, if you don't have luck with grouping, or just don't appreciate that facet of MMO gaming, and you're not much of a PvP person the only thing left to do is grind mobs. Now I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but it can become a bad thing when the developers drop the XP of what could be someones only viable levelling path.

Developers should always be utilising more ways for people to experience their game, not trimming the ones that they currently have, but as I've said, I have faith in ZoS to have sorted this out before it becomes a big problem.

Newbie, I don't agree with you on crafting at all! Crafters will still be needed to create the best stuff in game, that is indisputable. If they want to monopolise trade then they'll be able to do so in the sub-50 category. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to want to forgo crafted wares when they're veterans for 'sweet loot' from dungeons/adventure zones (which then can only be upgraded to Legendary status via an appropriate crafter).

I think it's an elegant system that tries its best to let everyone have their moment in the sun. Crafters get everything up until end game (and still have to be used for the super epic stuff) and everything in between seems to be the realm of the dungeon explorers.

Personally, I don't care what stats or effects something has. One I get that Reach racial book, I'm not getting out of that stuff :D

Soldato
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then Scritchy, good to see some folks in here can hold a conversion without resorting to childish name calling though :)

Soldato
Looks to me as they are trying to push people away from single player grinding quests into group and PvP play to get more veteran ranks. And that's a bad thing?

I'm a big fan of social reliance in MMO's, but that's probably because I cut my teeth on UO & EQ. However, the landscape has changed (for the worse imo) and you are going to get nothing but whiners complaining how they can't solo there way to the top ranks easily.

It's a shame this wasn't in from the start rather than a change made this late in the dev cycle. Never underestimate the power of complainers - they managed to turn Rift from a decent MMO in closed beta into a WoW clone within 6 months.

Soldato
Soloers in pvp make me laugh, they whine they dont get a 1v1 fight when the zerg comes trampling over them haha.

MMO's are group orientated games, play them with other people, dont try and play them alone, if you want to do that, play an rpg like Dragon Age or something.

Soldato
Soloers in pvp make me laugh, they whine they dont get a 1v1 fight when the zerg comes trampling over them haha.

MMO's are group orientated games, play them with other people, dont try and play them alone, if you want to do that, play an rpg like Dragon Age or something.

Sorry but that's a bit asinine to say that. Running around with a zerg or group requires less skill than hunting solo.

Aion, Lotro, Rift, GW were all superb fun roaming PvP zones solo and picking fights. Some classes are better at it than others for example a Spiritmaster in Aion could take on 3-6 players if geared. Burgs in Lotro were amazing fun solo and if played well would could survive zergs ;)

I've watched a few ESO PvP vid's and sadly it looks dull and bland compared to other MMo's but well wait and see.

Associate
I come into this thread to see what changes they are making and the development of the game. Then I read all of your comments that you have made when people dis this game. I tell you what....you make my day reading all of them!

I am happy with WS but with NDA there isnt much to talk about

Back
Top Bottom