• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Batman Arkham Origins Graphics Card Showdown & Benchmarking Procedure

Associate
Another of his extremely subjective "overclocked" cards review. What's the point of showing overclocked numbers when (a) the overclocking process done varies from card to card and (b) each card is different?

Permabanned
OP
I think its to show real use that peeps will run the card at the out box speed which can all be different like Vanilla vc SC vs FTW models and again peeps will OC the cards.

I have seen reviews underclock cards to all are same clock but again that's not 100% if some came faster out the box.

You could ask him on the YT page or the website but I thinks its due to the fact it is what speed the cards are capable of running at and the FPs they get at that speed.

Pure example : A stock card only gets 30FPS in some new strenuous game but with a easy attainable overclock it runs 40FPS so what would you run it at?

Associate
What's the guarantee that all cards will achieve the overclocks he has? But that's not even my major issue as I said above. Take a look at his overclocking sheet and you will see his methods of overclocking are inconsistent. This was worst when he did his watercooled hawaii vs 780 comparison and I (along with a bunch of others) commented on it. Guess what? No change, no reply, business as usual for him.

Permabanned
OP
There is not as that is why all are OC'd different.

Again if we both bought same card model and you could OC higher than me and get more FPS than me would you not do so?

I really think you need to ask him why, I can only submise.

I was only really interested in the end FPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought this game ran pretty well on amd. Vsg's ti was highly overclocked to get past Kaap's 290x. His numbers are all wrong for my liking. That's without the 290 pro being ahead of the 290x. Makes him look daft if you ask me.

1. 133 - GTX 780Ti - Vsg28
2. 127 - R9 290X - Kaapstad
3. 126 - GTX Titan - Whyscotty
4. 125 - GTX 780 - Geeman1979
5. 124 - GTX 780Ti - MJFrosty
5. 124 - GTX Titan - Gregster
6. 112 - GTX 780 - Kei
7. 102 - R9 290X - Tommybhoy

Top 2 GPU's 1080P

1. 203 - R9 290X - Kaapstad
2. 199 - GTX 780TI - MJFrosty
3. 195 - GTX 780 - Whyscotty
4. 191 - GTX Titan - Gregster
5. 179 - GTX 780 - PGI947

Top 3 GPU's 1080P

1. 213 - GTX 780Ti - MJFrosty

Last edited:
Associate
The game runs better on Hawaii where the memory bandwidth comes in play such as the 8x SSAA in the benchmark thread. At 1440p and 2x or 4x SSAA, the 780Ti is a lot faster.

Soldato
It was a re-hash of AC :p. It's not too bad though. Certainly not terrible. Notice how he's not said the same about Thief even though that received worse reviews :p Love it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the performance on AMD cards in this game. It was a load of fuss over nothing. Just makes me laugh how the entire GamesWork article focuses around Joel from ExtremeTech moaning about excessive tessellation, and the impact on performance it has on AMD hardware, absolutely legit point at the time - now apparently tessellation performance isn't a problem on current AMD cards.

There was this boy once that cried wolf...

Last edited:
Caporegime
If it was an AMD game with Mantle you'd be bigging it up. So fickle :p.

Game is actually an improvement over AC in my opinion but is still not as good as the original AA.

Not if the game is crap i won't. It just looks like an incredibly poor mans version of sleeping dogs (batman style) with animations and graphics that burn your eyes. :D

It was a re-hash of AC :p. It's not too bad though. Certainly not terrible. Notice how he's not said the same about Thief even though that received worse reviews :p Love it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the performance on AMD cards in this game. It was a load of fuss over nothing.

That's because ive not played Thief, nor watched any gameplay footage of it. Waiting for Mantle/TrueAudio before i even try it and i will see what i think of it then.

Soldato
Not if the game is crap i won't. It just looks like an incredibly poor mans version of sleeping dogs (batman style) with animations and graphics that burn your eyes. :D

Looks amazing in 3D. Works really well. All Batman games are dark and dingy. It's how the world is supposed to be. The actual graphics are nice. PhysX snow and TXAA make it look good :). At 1440 that is.

Sleeping Dogs ain't a patch on the Batman series.

Better story than AC. The world feels more structured whereas in AC it just didn't feel like a coherent world. The game mechanics are essentially the same but that's generally the case on sequels / prequels.

Last edited:
Soldato
Origins stinks, looks pretty but its terrible for bugs and the developer (wbm) haven't a clue what their doing. Thankfully this years installment has been handed back to rocksteady and looks impressive thus far.

Caporegime
Origins stinks, looks pretty but its terrible for bugs and the developer (wbm) haven't a clue what their doing. Thankfully this years installment has been handed back to rocksteady and looks impressive thus far.

Agreed, except I really loved Origins and still playing it now (Just unlocked 'I am the knight' mode). Lots of bugs and wasn't best pleased when I couldn't complete part of the game because there was no one to beat up and interrogate (another known bug which didn't get fixed).

As for Arkham Knight, I am seriously excited about this and glad that Rocksteady are back at the helm.

Soldato
Yep, for those who don't know wbm recently said they will not fix any bugs in origins that do not completely break the game. I still occasionally fire up asylum and city for some 3d goodness :D. Running away from killer croc in 3d is intense, or two face at the start of city is mind bending in 3d

Caporegime
0c8176ffe8fda690fa6cf3637d65e826.jpg

Slightly off topic but relevant for those who like the Batman games :)

14th October is looking like the release date. Ohhhhh and you get to drive the Batmobile apparently :p

bf280c9ed080cdae98dcf28c4382b51c.jpg

:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom