Fred Phelps about to (hopefully) kick the bucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I must admit, i do not think I had ever heard his name before.
I've heard of the Church, but neverr the mans name, or certainly not in any way that registered.

If asked who he was I would have guessed it was Michael 'pee in the pool's dad.

Soldato
I must admit, i do not think I had ever heard his name before.
I've heard of the Church, but neverr the mans name, or certainly not in any way that registered.

If asked who he was I would have guessed it was Michael 'pee in the pool's dad.

Here's a taster taken from one of two documentaries which Louis Theroux made.

Permabanned
Oh i whole heartedly agree, but i got suspended for speaking my mind

I think there's a marked difference between speaking ill of a recently deceased union leader and speaking ill of an allegedly soon to be deceased preacher of hate. However much you may have disagreed with Bob Crow's politics, he did think he was doing the right thing for the people he represented. Fred Phelps, on the other hand, has spent his life forcing a particularly vile level of negativity on certain groups of people that are contrary to the teachings of the religious text he has misappropriated for his hateful cause.

One would expect you'd be safe speaking ill in this thread as there is quite literally bugger all positive that can be said about the man. Even his own family appear to despise him, let alone the church he founded.

Soldato
I hope it's painful, like cancer of the scrotum or something, and possibly contagious so it infects the rest of his ilk. Ugly, inbred, useless, backwards troglodytes the lot of em.

The irony.

His cult has done nothing but harm to people's impression and understanding of God, the Bible and genuine Christianity.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

They seem to have understood that part of the bible very well.

Soldato
But these fundamentalists seem to very selective of the verses they go mental about and believe to be the true word of god and ignore the laws of the land. How many of these people follow Exodus 21:7 to the letter? And not the sanitised versions of now, but the versions where the word slavery is used.

Actually quite a few I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom