Physics

Associate
Can anyone recommend me any good books/audio books/online lectures on physics?

I'd like to focus more on astrophysics to learn more about string theory, black holes.

I was reading The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory and it gave me a good start, but the book was published in 2000 so i'd like something not so out-dated and potentially wrong.

Many thanks

Associate
OP
What is your background in physics? We don't want to pitch things that are aimed at post-docs if you have only formally studied it at school.

Also 42

Beginner. I never studied it when I was at school (not into detail anyway) I don't mind difficult books that get into detail, as long as they don't say things/theories I am expected to already know without explaining them.

Permabanned
It doesn't help when what concepts you thought everyone was behind, was actually last weeks theory, and now they have five more to choose from.

I'm pretty sure what I learnt about electrons is wrong these days.

Soldato
Just use the References section of each Wikipedia article on the topics that interest you and you'll find plenty of details.

Man of Honour
Start watching the new Cosmos. It's primary aim is to get people interested in Science, people who have little to no knowledge of the concepts of space and time. Those who do will enjoy it also of course.

Back
Top Bottom