Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Nice one James, they really do look good.
Could you possibly do a little review?

Will do, 10-12 weeks delivery but i'm looking at picking it up late June time.

The 3 door I had for a test drive for a few days was rather impressive (hence me purchasing this). Interior is fab, lots of soft touch plastics and just felt very well built. Heated steering wheel was a rather nice addition, especially on the few cold mornings I had it.

Huge boot space, I believe it's bigger than the Focus. I'm 6ft something and with the drivers seat in my position I had loads of leg room sitting behind so space inside is fab, which is really want I need with the kids.

Handled well although there was a lack of feel with the steering but I guess that's how things are going now with electric this and that. Wasn't crashy or too firm, handled B roads well and was just as happy to waft along on the motorway (with my trip to OcUK!) I didn't really 'push' it in the few days I had it because it wasn't my car. Once I get mine i'll be able to report back on this further.

Power wise, figures say it's slower than the Focus ST by a second and having not driven a Focus I can't really compare the two but it was plenty quick for me. Nothing a remap can't sort if required. Max torque comes in at just 1750 and so your basically wafting along quite happily. Noticeably quicker than my Fiesta ST but then I had to rev the nuts off that (MR200) to get the power from it so totally different methods of power.

Overall for the price I couldn't find anything new with the same level of kit (xeons, Recaros, nav, reversing camera, auto lights/wipers, keyless entry and start, heated seats, heated steering wheel, power fold mirrors, cruise, etc). I had looked at the Golf GTI, MK3 Focus ST, Audi S3, Astra VXR to name a few. Plus it looked the best out of the lot and I've only seen 1 so far on the road.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got this last week;

Lux 1 + BT/USB, Half black leather seats, and reverse parking sensors.

I had a mini convoy of these following me on the A40 (one white and one lime green) and they looked amazing in my rear view mirror until I had to turn off. Seriously great looking cars!

Associate
Hi there,

Here is the Soarer.. First decent photo's I've managed to get since owning it. My friend ,on here as Nomisf, kindly spent half the day photographing it and uploading the pictures!

More here if anyone is interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomisf/

Kind Regards

Alec

Nice, I like it. I've been waiting for a decent UZZ32 (V8, active suspension) for ages, and two just came up, so I've gone for one of them. Already a UZZ31 owner, albeit out of action at the moment.

I disagree on de-tangoing the lights though, I think they're part and parcel of the soarer look. Why "take ten years" off a car that looked great then, and still looks great now? :cool:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
the focus RS has been sat at around 21-25k for the past two-three years now.

I love them. There is an Ultimate Green one around where I live that I see often. brilliant colour and immense sound ruined by a slap dash smattering of tasteless decals.

I cry a little inside whenever I see it.

Associate

I love them. There is an Ultimate Green one around where I live that I see often. brilliant colour and immense sound ruined by a slap dash smattering of tasteless decals.

Then you remember it's a 300bhp+ car with FWD and laugh a little more inside ;)

Soldato

Sort of black and chrome decals? Diamond cut wheel face? My pals if so, running quite a lot of power, but again the decals are fully naff.

Soldato
Currently got a company car (61 plate Focus) but with a potential new job on the horizon we picked up this earlier

xB5M0jD.jpg

Great for the price, the only downside is that if I don't get the new job, it's a bit surplus to requirements :p

£1150, just under 70k miles, 12months MOT, 8 months tax, full leather, AC, electrics, 2.0l. Rather pleased with it :)

Man of Honour
Please fix the front lights, it's so close to being perfect :(

It doesn't make it look retro, it just makes it look like you've smacked the front end in and bodged the repair with some scrapyard special lights off a 99 318Ci.

Back
Top Bottom