Spring meet 5th April 2014

Soldato
OP
Accident on the A34 at Newbury looked pretty bad too, helicopter landed in the road and what looked like a smashed up GoldWing... :(

Yea, that was not pretty :( HUGE amounts of stationary traffic, people walking around out of their cars on the road. Looked very serious.

Can't wait for the next meet.

I'm selling my TomTom, whilst the windy roads option is good, it drove me insane today as it kept cutting off my headset to my girlfriend who was riding pillion (we use Scala Rider headsets). But each time it cut, it would simply be to beep because of a speed camera. Or even after turning sound off, it would still cut the conversation and put no sound through, but it would cut where there should be voiced directions.

If that makes sense?

Anyway, no option to disconnect the headset, and that it doesn't play music is another reason. Going to get rid at get the Garmin Zumo 660 most likely.

TomTom drew it's final straw with me today, I had to turn it off just to have a conversation with my girlfriend without it being cut off every 30 seconds.

Soldato
I had that, there is a way! I need to play with mine again to figure out what I did.

I didn't mind it cutting in to my music to make an announcement, for me it wouldn't always reconnect to carry on playing the music. I have a cheap BT headset from Amazon though. Did yours at least always connect back up properly?

**EDIT** Options, page 2 -> Voices -> Disable voice

Done :)

It took me a fair bit of time working that one out.

**EDIT2** I just realised, your issue is with speed camera alerts. Surely they can be turned off though?

Last edited:
Associate
Belated post.

Cheers for the ride out guys, I really enjoyed it and it was good to finally meet you.

Ps I think I am having an early mid life crisis... BMW R1200RT and riding in the rain sounds like so much fun.

Rode from 70 miles in the rain this morning and loved it. Yes I got soaked but it did not bother me.

Soldato
OP
Belated post.

Cheers for the ride out guys, I really enjoyed it and it was good to finally meet you.

Ps I think I am having an early mid life crisis... BMW R1200RT and riding in the rain sounds like so much fun.

Rode from 70 miles in the rain this morning and loved it. Yes I got soaked but it did not bother me.

I'm having a 'spring season' crisis... Just watched BaronVonGrumbles collection vid for his new Panigale 899...

I'm getting one after my trip to Wales for Easter. I need one in my life.

Soldato
OP
Hang on.. I thought you were selling up to go travelling? lol :D

Yea, that's at the end of October :D

I NEED a Panigale in my life lol.

Oooo it would only cost me a couple of grand!!! Someone please stop me... I need the Multi for the EU tour with the misses on the back in September lol.

Back
Top Bottom