Logitech G502 Proteus Core tunable 12,000 dpi gaming mouse

Soldato
"The sensor employs Logitech's Delta Zero technology which offers "unparalleled tracking performance and responsiveness," thanks to its zero sensor acceleration, zero smoothing or filtering, and zero pixel rounding config."

This is a huge claim that I don't believe until I see tests

Soldato
Oh God, will this be the year that high DPI = better mouse?

Here we go...

However in this case they are claming that their new sensor is actually good. Not just "look at this dpi", but rather "look at how there's no accleration, smoothing, etc as well as whatever dpi you want". If what they are saying is true, then this could actually have the best sensor of any mouse to date.

Permabanned
However in this case they are claming that their new sensor is actually good. Not just "look at this dpi", but rather "look at how there's no accleration, smoothing, etc as well as whatever dpi you want". If what they are saying is true, then this could actually have the best sensor of any mouse to date.

And here lies the problem. How do you measure that or is it one person's opinion?

Associate
I really like the look of it, 12000dpi is nuts though, surely no one can actually use it on that setting?

12000 on a 4K screen is probably 6000 on a 1080p screen, right?

Or am I doing my maths wrong.

I use about 5400 on a 1080p screen.

Soldato
If this is as good as it's meant to be, i'll replace my G9x with it.

But only because the scroll wheel has become impossible to click with - it has always been a bit of a pain though - and the feet are at the start of losing their slide. Plus, who doesn't want a new shiny mouse? :p

Associate
So I want one... But 12000? After all the mice i've been through (most of them) I still end up using 700-1000 dpi because games / software / OS just don't work right if you set it higher.
Still, Newer... Shinier...

Associate
When will this mouse be available from OCUK?

I don't see any mention of it on the site, and it became available from Newegg today 15/04/14.

Soldato
I'm intrigued by the 'zero pixel rounding config' and wonder if that means a high mouse dpi + low windows mouse sensitivity will be viable.

I tried to use 8200 dpi and a lower windows setting and although it felt better and even more silky smooth than usual, something just wasn't right in-game.
I was constantly missing shots that I could normally make with ease, so after allowing a few days for adjustment, I recording some gameplay and found that my shots were still spot on, but weren't registering. I switched back to my normal settings and everything was fine again.

Associate
OCUK when you getting these in stock?

I contacted them through the webnote feature and the reply was: "I dont have a definite answer for you, as we have heard nothing from the purchasing team as of yet."

I've been on Logitech's own forums too, and apparently even Logitech themselves don't know when the mouse will be coming to the UK/EU...so, who knows how long we'll be waiting.

You can always import one from the US though, if you don't mind the import charges.

Associate
how much import charges these days on small items like that? its not still £20+?

I live in Northern Ireland, so my charges are probably going to be different to that of mainland-UK - but here's what i'm getting:

Newegg:
Import Fee: £11.31
Shipping: £10.86

Amazon.com:
Import Fee: £10.93
Shipping: £5.19

Amazon.com is cheaper obviously, but that's still an extra £16 over something i'd get from Amazon.co.uk :( But then maybe the mouse itself will be more expensive here when it's released, like computer hardware usually is.

Back
Top Bottom