Bikers Youtube thread

Soldato

GoPro footage on my head so the fish eye gives a warped view of distance and speed, I am happy my friend was behind because his footage shows that we weren't going fast.
I was on the brakes as soon as I saw her cross the white line, which in reality was about two car lengths, stop starting the video from brakes to impact, 3 seconds? if that, not a chance of stopping :(

I apologise for my raging also but I was pretty shaken up, cringing watching it back now, I cut my footage short because there was lots of swearing, first thing I asked the guy was are the kids ok.

you've even made it into Fails of the Week video - just after the 1 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVFqjCz3I84&list=UUPDis9pjXuqyI7RYLJ-TTSA

Associate
[youtube*]rvVouuH4tLQ[/*youtube]
Accident...
This is exactly how my accident happened.
Only instead of hitting them side on, I hit the front bumper.
Crushed foot and a fractured humorous was the result :(

Hope you're back on the bike Fireskull. Just wanted to get that off my chest

Soldato
I know who that was on the Busa, broke both wrists I think, not sure on the guy he hit.
He was on the of the guys I went to the TT with a few years ago.

Didnt realise the video was on Youtube now though as there was ongoing police/insurance stuff as you'd imagine...

Last edited:
Soldato
I am not sure, hes a friend of my dads so I will ask and see what the outcome was.

Yeah I bet it was a nightmare, as the road is unrestricted, the rider who pulled out didn't indicate or look so recipe for disaster with lots and lots of bikes riding around at 130+ but then of course this guy that crashed wasn't paying attention, I would guess 50/50 it went?

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I bet your right, ide guess it to go 50/50, it is unrestricted buuuut its still a public road populated by folks of varying driving/riding abilities, driving all manner of vehicles ( bikes, cars, vans ), and of course seeing as how it's the IoM the occasional wayward sheep jumping over a wall. :p

You can't just blast down it like its a race track & nothings going to get in your way, that really is a recipe for disaster.

Soldato
Never actually saw any sheep on the mountain when I was there, maybe farmers keep them penned up for the 2 weeks of TT? :D

Yeah I agree, the only time I went silly speeds there was when I could see the road ahead was empty, certainly took it easy past cars etc, but then I have experience hitting into cars, I know how much it hurts :p

Back
Top Bottom