• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SLI or wait????

Soldato
I was considering a move too sli but should i wait???

Reasons against:-

1. very busy at work at least for the next few months so very little time
2. summer coming. so spend less time on pc, burgers and beer take over!! ;)
3. Not too fussed about sli benchmarks, single is where its at for me
4. Currently don't really need sli, would like a few more frames in BF4 so i could max everything but its not essential. If the ROG swift turns out to be worth buying then i'll defo need 2.

Reasons for:-

1. 2 will make my rig look better :D
2. Will be able to max out BF4 with frames to spare, but as previously said finding less time to play at mo :(

Without me trawling through various threads realistically/approx how long have i to wait till Nvidia's next greatest???? (non-ref) ideally would want a Classified ;)

Soldato
I think it sounds like you are leaning towards not going SLI - which TBH I would agree with you. The GTX 780Ti is a fantastic card but it's mega expensive and considering the relatively small noticable performance increase you will see with a second one - it isn't very good value IMHO.

Maybe after the summer when you have more time to play games you will find that some new cards have come out and you will be very pleased not to have spent £500+ on a second 780Ti in April.

Soldato
1440P I'd definitely say one isn't enough...but it's been awhile since I've played at 1080P so I can't really comment there Nick!

I know my three performance is awesome though, I wouldn't fancy going back to one card. Maybe 2...

Soldato
I'm using 2 gtx780s with the Eizo you mentioned, I can't say anything negative about it, performance is great and it's pretty much hassle free. I'm also looking at the Swift, so it should be ok for that as well.

Associate
I would stick with your 780ti with its massive OC, as BF4 seems to run smoother at the min with 1 780ti than 2.

Saying that though, with 120fps monitor, 2 might help keep it near 120fps when you are letting smoke out in the chopper!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom