New boiler - anyone know anything about the Ideal Logic + HE35 Combi??

Soldato
Our boiler is on the way out and we have the opportunity to have it replaced without paying for the actual fitting and the plumber who's going to be doing the job has recommended the Ideal Logic Plus 35 and I wondered if anyone had any experience of these?

I've read some not-so-good reviews on previous Ideal boilers (not to mention that our existing boiler is an "Evo" which I believe is made by Ideal!) but a few promising threads on this one, albeit the posts are 3-4 years old now!

I've had a few people recommend the Baxi Duo Tech but we are quite restricted with the space in the cupboard and it won't fit - another option was the Worcester Bosch CDI Compact but it's another £400+ on top of the cost for the Ideal!

Anyone got any experience of the Ideal?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Soldato
Prefer Bosch over Ideal.

Which Worcester Bosch CDI Compact have they suggested, just looking at online prices for combi boiler packs, for Bosch, Ideal & Valliant, available with either a vertical or horizontal flue & timer.

What's the extra £400+ for, interested to know.

Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 24 & 28

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/vaillant-ecotec-pro-24-combi-boiler-packs---horizontal-flue/

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/vaillant-ecotec-pro-28-combi-boiler-packs---vertical-flue/

But, for ease of servicing, Valiant is favourite.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply!

The plumber has priced up the Worcester Bosch at £1,500+ whereas he says he can get the Ideal, with all the extra's needed for circa £1,100.

He says the cost will include "manga clean, flue extension & Ideal programmer RF stat"

Also has a 7 year warranty and is small enough to fit in the space!

The existing boiler is a 30kw and to be honest it seems to struggle in our house with it being 3 storeys and there is a shower on the 3rd floor so I quite like the idea of a 35kw system, so I'm not sure about the Vaillant's that you mention being strong enough?? (if that's how things work??)

Soldato
3 storey house, is it struggling with hot water or heating?

A combi & a 3 story house:(, I would go with a system with unvented cylinder, which gives you copious amounts of hot water at mains pressure,dependent on your mains pressure.

Any combi will struggle to give you a invigorating shower on the 3rd floor,if someone turns a tap on elsewhere in the house the shower is reduced to a trickle, I suppose,it's all do with the boiler's hw flow rate.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I wouldn't say it's struggling exactly (OK in general use but yes, the top room shower can go cold/hot pretty quickly if another tap is turned on!) but I wouldn't want to drop below the existing 30kw rating I wouldn't have thought!

According to the specs I've found, the existing Evo has a DHW flow rate at 12 l/min whereas the Logic Plus 35kw is 14.5 l/min!

Not a huge increase but I'm guessing it would be a bit of an improvement!

To be honest it's not really a "performance" increase I'm looking for, I just want to make sure I'm not having my leg lifted by agreeing to have a rubbish boiler fitted!

The 7 year warranty makes me feel marginally better!

Soldato
We have an Ideal which look remarkably similar to that one albeit sligthly older.
It's been faultless - apart from low water pressure switch going kapput but was fixed for about £20.

Back
Top Bottom