Corsair 600T watercooled build: "Blue Dragon"

Associate
Yep, should be enough. 120mm rad per component is supposed to be enough to get temps that match/exceed air cooling, and I think the 200mm is a match for most 240mm rads. I'll take some pics of the cuts and email them tomorrow :).

Wouldn't mind a look at those myself :)

Or just post them here. Whichever. It's a fantastic build.

Associate
It's 26mm thick :). This is the Magicool Slim, not the elegant. You can fit a thicker rad if you won't mind cutting your ATX power connector a bit (the plastic bit will need sanding down), and if your motherboard doesn't have any big protruding heatsinks in that area.

Could perhaps elaborate on the ATX bit? I'm thinking of a 600t build but I have no idea what you mean by that :D And how much of a gap is there (without sanding) Might try and get a EX 240 up there

Thanks,
j0sh

Associate
OP
Sorry missed this.

Could perhaps elaborate on the ATX bit? I'm thinking of a 600t build but I have no idea what you mean by that :D And how much of a gap is there (without sanding) Might try and get a EX 240 up there

Thanks,
j0sh

I found this as an example: http://vivithemage.com/2011/04/water-cooling-a-corsair-600t-case-i5-2500k-2x6950/
He talks about the problem near the start - 2nd picture :). Not sure how thick that rad is, but I don't imagine it's that thick at all. It'll probably depend on where your mobo ATX Power connector is too.

Will take more photos of the dremelled bits when I get my new camera (just got a great deal on a Fuji x100 :D:D:D).

Associate
OP
been offered a white one of these for £80, do you think I should get it, an arc midi or an nzxt phantom white for a secondary rig that I'm gonna watercool?

Hullo KiiYzOo!! Depends on how happy you are with a dremel :). 600t is amazing case but needs cutting to hold anything more than a double rad. Cable management is best I've seen.

Arc midi can fit a slim 360 at the top with just the tiniest bit of modding. Not the best quality case though imo, a bit flimsy and plasticky.

NZXT phantom I've never handled but heard some good things!

If it's a secondary build though, the 600t and phantom are both mammoth so maybe you'd want to go easy with a smaller case?

Soldato
that's what I'm not sure about, 600t may be a bit too much to work on, I love the phantom, but I'd have to get one second hand, I'm starting to really like the look of white cases again :mad: that's making me choose between the arc midi, the bitfenix shinobi white, the white 690 ii and the r3 white, the arc midi seems the best bet just now though

Associate
OP
Well, here's an arc mini as an alternative (if you like the style, are looking for small + don't mind uATX). You can put just a single 120 in the front and keep one of the HDD bays too.
ih4h6q.jpg

Associate
OP
Hey guys! Moving to London so I'm probably going to be selling this, either as a system (if there's interest) or keeping the internals and selling the case + rads installed separately. Look out for it in MM anyways, trust mail me if any questions ;).

Back
Top Bottom