Next stop, ban and....

Soldato
Gary Barlow said:
"It's like a Raaaaaaaaaacing Car"

:D

*edit* Re: Speed - The wide angle lens of most camera distorts the look of speed so there's a very good chance his claims are genuine, other than the 1st "100 in a built-up area" which looks slower, maybe 70-80. I know my cars videos don't look like the speed I know I was doing!

Last edited:
Associate
I think he's exaggerating some of those speed readouts i.e. "just doing 100 MPH" as the video starts.

He isn't driving all that fast in my opinion. Plenty of space with oncoming traffic, nothing too dangerous. The overtake over the solid white line could have gotten a bit tricky as he moved before he could see, but he would have been able to move back quite easily.

Genuinely crazy is the old 3 Series video from Russia or wherever it is.

totally agree , keeps his distance from cars infront (apart from that 120d)

Soldato
I probably drove as fast as that and using all of the road on Thursday night but that was from Hamilton to Connell at 10.30pm - 12.30am.

The stupid part was putting in on youtube to be honest.

Man of Honour
I've never driven like that in built up areas but I've probably done worse on NSL roads.

He's an idiot for uploading it online though.

Soldato
The NSL bits were certainly pretty nobbish, but the main problem is the speeding in built up areas, early on he goes around a blind corner at speed in the residential area and if someone had been crossing the road they'd have had no chance.

Man of Honour
I probably drove as fast as that and using all of the road on Thursday night but that was from Hamilton to Connell at 10.30pm - 12.30am.

The stupid part was putting in on youtube to be honest.

No the stupid part was driving as fast as that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom