• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Everything You need to Know AMD & NVIDIA

Caporegime
They lock them out of hardware accelerated PhysX, which they damn well should (In the context of a CPU being lacklustre for it), a CPU can't really do it.
But they'll be using software PhysX on the CPU.

Soldato
They lock them out of hardware accelerated PhysX, which they damn well should (In the context of a CPU being lacklustre for it), a CPU can't really do it.
But they'll be using software PhysX on the CPU.

I'm sure you will find arguments against that.

Whilst proprietary features are all well and good and are great marketing tools, technologies such as physx and tressfx etc. will never become hugely mainstream when 1 half of the potential customer base are locked out of using it.

Caporegime
I'm sure you will find arguments against that.

Whilst proprietary features are all well and good and are great marketing tools, technologies such as physx and tressfx etc. will never become hugely mainstream when 1 half of the potential customer base are locked out of using it.

TressFX is not proprietary. Its open, but it does start need to appearing in more titles. A couple have been announced recently since it because TressFX 2.0 with improved performance.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amd-radeon-sdk/

Soldato
OP
im trying to get it sticker also working on the next section.

please feel free to point out mistakes or write your own section & will give credit where its due :)

I know LTMATT i am a mistake myself :D

Caporegime
im trying to get it sticker also working on the next section.

please feel free to point out mistakes or write your own section & will give credit where its due :)

I know LTMATT i am a mistake myself :D

We still love you even if you were a mistake smogs. :p

Good work with the thread, great idea. :)

Soldato
OP
might have a little break now,

Before i move on to Nvidia, Other than Freesync & eyeinfinty is there anything else i should cover in AMD tech/what they have to offer?

Associate
Very informative smogsy:) I'm not sure if you guys think this angle is relevant to the tech but what about info about the guys promoting the tech?

Jen-Hsun Huang - NVIDIA

Roy taylor - AMD

perhaps their track record on delivering on promised tech and their ability to bring what their represented companies can offer to market and ultimately to us gamers:)

My prediction for the tension level by page five is as follows:p

an oldie but a goody:D stay cool guys:cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Jen-Hsun is my hero :D;)

But, seriously, I like the way he delivers speeches and the way he presents overall. Seems like a very smart and decent guy to me :)

I agree Physics he is very charismatic:cool: but I also have a soft spot for Roy:o when I saw him being interviewed he seemed like a mr nice guy:) and as always with us Brit's we tend to favour the perceived underdog:o I'm realising I'm so on the fence this time around as an upgrade is on the cards so this thread is going to be really helpful when the time comes:)

Back
Top Bottom