*** The Official BlackBerry Z10 & Q10 Thread ***

Soldato
I think that blackberry will continue to make all-touch and QWERTY devices for the foreseeable future.

I know that they are planning to release the BlackBerry Classic which will be a 3.5" device, QWERTY and bring back the trackpad.

Associate
I am still loving my Z10 here, but I am missing the keyboard and sometimes wishing that I went with the Q10 - What about you guys?

I wouldn't worry about making the wrong decision. I have both and BB10 just doesn't work on the Q10. BB10 gets better on bigger devices, it's great on the Z10 but even better on the Z30.

Soldato
I'm just sad with the lack of BBM uptake now that it has gone cross-platform. Obviously BBM works great on my phone but my friends who are on Android and iOS just refuse to download and use it.

Soldato
just ordered a white z10 again , I loved the phone tbh , and that was with 10.1 , I have a nokia Lumia 1020 just now.
I am sick of missing of late messages and the battery drain , yes the ui looks good with live tiles and stuff , the fact I need to turn most of it off to get decent battery life has annoyed me to much now it has to go.
Lack of apps doesn't bother me or the lack of decent camera , I have a Nikon dslr for pics , and apps I can survive with Skype , viber , or bbm ;)

tell me has the greyed out apn setting for piggy back providers been fixed? cause I use usa sims a lot like net10 etc?

Associate
Picked up a new Z10 and I must say I am very impressed, I am bored of android, I dislike WP8 and not paying silly money for an iPhone.

Stuck in my 4GEE sim and away I went. I am in a pretty poor coverage area and I am getting 10Mb/s, that's over double what my home ADSL connection can do......

Installed Snap which lets you install android apps directly from Google play. Haven't tested much but all the games I downloaded played great.

Still getting used to how the OS works but imho it is a far better phone than most android handsets out there.

Associate
Did you ever use anything like Snapchat or Instagram?

The Android version of Instagram works lovely. Google "Snap2Chat" for a BB version. It's free if you get it from the Crackberry forum otherwise 75p in the App World.

Google Maps works well too.

OS10.3 should be coming out soon. Looks promising.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I use OS 10.3 that was recently leaked. It's absolutely phenominal and criminal that there is not more recognition for it.

Little features like picking up the phone from a table automatically turns the screen on, and flipping it face down can auto silence... it just works so, so nicely now, and android apps are (minus google play) pretty much performing as though they were native.

I honestly implore anyone to give it a go if you use a phone as a workhorse, it really is the best out there.

Soldato
It actually looks like an awesome OS. Coming from someone on android 4.4. I was tempted to buy a Z10 ages ago when they were cheap but I imagine I could get a really cheap one on ebay. Is the Z10 the latest and greatest?

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Latest and greatest is about to be the Blackberry Passport, but it's not out yet and is an... interesting device to say the least. 4.5inch square screen plus keyboard, it is a WIDE device but is getting very positive reception in the press from prereleases.

The latest 'all touch' device is the Z30. The Z10 is perfectly good, just the battery is not all that fab.

10.3 is really a 'watershed' moment in the OS development. It is just brilliant, and nigh on everything that would run on Android 4.3 works very, very well. No google play services, but for my usage that isn't important; it might be for you.

Soldato
Got a Z10 and I love it appart from the battery. Really have my eyes on the new Classic coming out, depending on battery life and if it's user replaceable

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I really want BB to succeed and the OS is in general excellent and a nice change from the norm, just a real shame what's happened over the last couple of years, here's hoping to the future :)

They need some crazy media push to really show off what the OS is capable of. Multitasking honest to god nothing comes close, and being able to be in your hub of messages from all services with one swipe is just... wonderful. It makes android feel outdated and IOS positively ancient in comparison when using it as an actual productive device.

I have a Nexus 7 and love it, it's great for apps and general media consumption, but there is no way in hell I'd swap from BB10 for my day to day phone... it's just, better.

Back
Top Bottom