** AOC Q2770PQU Owners Thread **

Associate
Have had a search and can not see a thread already so thought it might be an idea to get an owners thread going for these monitors.

In order for all of us to discuss pros / cons, settings used and general performance, quality and impressions of the product

Currently in stock at OCUK
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-018-AO

Some reviews
http://www.eteknix.com/aoc-q2770pqu-27-pls-monitor-review/
http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/aoc-q2770pqu-p17978/test.html
http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/reviews/hardware/displays/29776-test-aoc-q2770pqu-.html

http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-q2770pqu (best one)

AOC's website
http://www.aoc-europe.com/no_cache/en/monitors.html?showUid=304

There has been one or two threads on here already with prospective buyers mulling over a purchase, mainly due to the seemingly low price for a 27" 1440p monitor

Personally mine is arriving tomorrow so once its here and over the coming week i will post an unboxing and opinions

Hopefully we can all amalgamate here and discuss away as i know there are a fair few owners on these forums already :)

Last edited:
Associate
I am soooo nearly hitting the buy button, but have seen that it uses PWM for dimming, this is not usually what you want as it tires the eyes and is not good if you get head aches? There is a review on this monitor within the rain forest stating about headaches?

Peoples thoughts who have one?

Would I be able to run one using my SLI GTX 460's?

Soldato
I'm sure the headaches only occur for a minority of people who suffer from an eye disorder, odds are you will be fine ;)

Also with any monitor you are meant to take regular breaks to avoid eye strain.

What games do you plan on playing? With 1GB VRAM you might struggle with some new games, looking at your spec everything else seems fine

Last edited:
Associate
I am soooo nearly hitting the buy button, but have seen that it uses PWM for dimming, this is not usually what you want as it tires the eyes and is not good if you get head aches? There is a review on this monitor within the rain forest stating about headaches?

Had mine for several weeks now, fan-bloody-tastic!
I can assure you it does NOT use PWM dimming.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I've been sitting around these forums for far too long and thought it was about time I jumped in for a post, perfect opportunity..

Had this delivered yesterday after an upgrade on a BenQ XL2420T. I was unsure about going with 27" or if I'd rather go with dual/triple 24" screens, all I can say is 27" is the way forward! Also make sure you go with 2560x1440 and not 1920x1080, after an evening of trying every game in my library I'd never go back.

My current set-up:

i5 2500k @4.6Ghz (old OC bundle)
8GB RAM
GTX670 2GB

Associate
OP
Mine was delivered a couple of hours ago. Will get some photos up in the coming days.

Packaged very well, first impressions was woah its a beast. But once on the desk 27" is a fantastic size for a monitor sitting a couple feet away.

At this moment in time cannot see any dead pixels.

Going from 1680x1050 to this has been incredible. Everything is so much sharper, so much more space on-screen, although it is daunting at first and probably will take some getting used to but it is defantly a good thing.

Had to adjust mouse pointer sensitivity to get across all the extra surface a little nippier :p

It was very bright out the box, so i have made the following changes, brightness 50, colour setup = user defined, red 49, green 50, blue 50 (havent changed anything else) hopefully everyone else can post up what settings they are using please so we can all adjust and compare?

At this moment in time i only have two gripes, and one problem.

1) why did aoc feel the need to have stickers on the lovely bezel. Sure, they come off easily enough but meh
2) not really a problem but a pointer, due to the type and size of stand (to be fair its got to be a fair size to support the weight of this thing, and can't really moan too much as it will swing and tilt in every position you could ever want it to) but i now find that i am sitting anywhere between 6-8" closer to the monitor. Felt weird at first but again will probably get used to it

Finally i have a little yellow exclamation against the monitor in device manager, when i try and point windows to the driver disk, or anywhere else for that matter i get an error "A service installation section for this INF is invalid"

Everything seems to be working ok, i just dont have any drivers installed at the moment...

For the price of this monitor, i truly cannot see how it can be beaten, apparently uses the same panel as the ASUS P278Q, and if i had to be really nit picky the base of the stand could be a little more aestheictally pleasing rather than just a circle, but what more else am i expecting for this price :)

Soldato

Where did you see that it uses PWM for dimming? It doesn't. The one review I'm aware of that actually tested that has been missed out by the OP. I'm sure many people would agree that it's the most comprehensive review out there (yes I'm talking about my own review here). Bad start to this thread. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi ...

Eventually got mine all set up ..... and stunning, excellent monitor, great colour depth and no obvious dead pixels ..... only running it HDMI on a graphics card R7 250a and its coping quite well with normal day to day images etc .... would like to upgrade card though to make use of the display-port option.

But overall a big thanks to OC for today with price etc and thanks has to go to Nathan from AOC for his great customer service. ;)

Associate
OP
Where did you see that it uses PWM for dimming? It doesn't. The one review I'm aware of that actually tested that has been missed out by the OP. I'm sure many people would agree that it's the most comprehensive review out there (yes I'm talking about my own review here). Bad start to this thread. ;)

Apologies. Have amended the OP. Did not see that you had one out yet. I can remember you mentioning a while ago you were going to do one, alas i ended up missing it :)

Soldato
Apologies. Have amended the OP. Did not see that you had one out yet. I can remember you mentioning a while ago you were going to do one, alas i ended up missing it :)

Haha no problem. I know which thread you mean, I said I was working on it and forgot to say it was published. :p

But yeah it's a really good monitor, an absolute bargain. Will be nice to get some more user feedback here on this thread.

Soldato
I also tested this screen and it does not use PWM.

Great screen and I think a better monitor than the Dell 2713HM I also own. It has a less aggressive AG coating so you get a nice vibrant image. It has all the inputs you could need and handles fast motion very well (For this type of panel). It also handles non native resolutions like 1080p far better than any other screen I have seen. Running a PS4 over HDMi at 1080p you still get a nice sharp image.

Cracking screen for the money.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok

Just made a trip to overclockers today and picked up an AOC Q2770PQU, just got it set up with the other item I picked up which was the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, and looks amazing, BUT I think I have a dead pixel about center of the screen, is there any software that can run that might test things proper and maybe save things?

Also if it is a dead pixel whats the script on that? do I get to replace the monitor or stuck with it?

Associate
I am just trying to eliminate issues with my monitor at the moment how many of the grey squares are visible on the top line here with this monitor while adjusting the brightness control on this site http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
and also is there an issue with the monitor profile supplied on the disc if you go to open windows photo viewer does the display look ok as mine takes on a yellow cast I have to delete the profile to get it to display properly.

Soldato
Ok

Just made a trip to overclockers today and picked up an AOC Q2770PQU, just got it set up with the other item I picked up which was the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, and looks amazing, BUT I think I have a dead pixel about center of the screen, is there any software that can run that might test things proper and maybe save things?

Also if it is a dead pixel whats the script on that? do I get to replace the monitor or stuck with it?

Just google "dead pixel test", shouldn't be that hard to determine whether you have an issue or not.

As for the aftermath I guess you would have to RMA but I would get in touch with OCUK regarding that by phone on in the following section

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Associate
OP
Haha no problem. I know which thread you mean, I said I was working on it and forgot to say it was published. :p

But yeah it's a really good monitor, an absolute bargain. Will be nice to get some more user feedback here on this thread.

Have since read the review :cool: very accurate description and top review of the monitor. Do not completely understand all the technical aspects, so i will leave that to you experts :p

I have since adopted the recommendations from your review on brightness, colours etc. And i personally think after living with these settings for half a day they look much better than what i quickly had setup before (50 brightness and 49 red) and short of getting all the fancy tools out which i neither own or understand!! i am very happy with how everything looks. Everything is so sharp and good looking, and colours are fantastic. Keep finding myself looking at 1440p wallpapers in awe :D

My settings now so everyone can see and compare

'Gamma1' setting
Gamma @ 50
Brightness @ 30
Colour set @ user defined
red = 48
green = 50
blue = 50

I found that whilst looking at a white background, knocking the red down from 49 to 48 eliminated the slighty red tone that was encompassing the screen, and going down further to 47 gave the white ground a slight 'cyan' colour. 48 appears to be as near as damnit white for me.

Also regarding what some people have mentioned about PWM, i have had no problems with looking at the screen for extended times, nor had any headaches, nor has it hurt my eyes any more or any less than looking at any other monitor for hours upon hours would :)

Associate
OP
Does anybody have an idea on the below or getting a similar problem?

When trying to install the driver monitor from the supplied CD i seem to constantly get the same error

"This device is not working properly

A service installation section in this inf is invalid"

Have tried uninstalling, rebooting and installing numerous times, letting the driver find itself, and also pointing it to the CD drive to no avail.

I'm currently running on the Windows XP standard plug and play monitor driver.

Is this an issue worth sorting out? Do manufacturers drivers bring anything to the table? Or is it just the same as using the windows driver? Hate knowing i could be missing out on some extra quality or benefits lol...

Back
Top Bottom