• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Everything You need to Know AMD & NVIDIA

Soldato
will add mining & gamestreaming

is there a mining for each Brand or are they cross branding now? been long time since i looked

Mining is almost all AMD, the 750 ti can sort of mine at decent performance per watt but you will need a fair few to get any decent hash rate. Cuda miner can let any nvidia card mine but the performance is not really worth mentioning, sorta like CPU mining. You can consider scrypt mining is essentially dominated by AMD.

Associate
i got my first ever Radeon card last week after years of excellent Nvidia service. my current comp's life has been an endless battle to find space on my 60GB ssd (due an upgrade on that too, i reckons). anyway, after uninstalling everything Nvidia-related and installing Catalyst, upgrading drivers, and installing some other stuff (Raptr - LOL) I had 15GB free, which has basically never happened, so God-bless AMD forever and ever!

Associate
Suggest it might be appropriate to add TressFX to the Nvidia 900 series as it performs well enough on those cards?

Nvidia cards have always had the feature available as AMD made it open source(ish); it's just this wasn't to anyone's advantage ever since compute performance was deliberately sabotaged with the 500 series GeForces. Now the 900 series has increased compute to 2-3 times that of the 600 series, and with a bit more driver optimisation it's no longer a card killing nightmare, and has become usable option.

Awesome thread smogsy!

Soldato
OP
may do some updates for sure around tressfx will most likely do it along with MFAA so 2 in one bundle. not to much real benchmarks on MFAA though as its not out :)

Caporegime
Good work on this thread Smogsy and I have used it as reference for potential buyers a couple of times :)

I wonder if I could be cheeky and copy and paste it and of course give you full credit to use on midlifegamers.co.uk forums?

Back
Top Bottom