Need help with a system rearrange of sorts

Associate
Guys what's the best way to put my system back together do you think.
Tonight I ordered a 120gb SSD and a copy of Windows 8.
Currently I have a 120GB SSD , a 500gb HD and a 1TB Hybrid Drive.

Should I just install windows on SSD 1 and wipe SSD2? being that 1 will be newer.

Does it sound optimal to have Windows on its own SSD.
Some stuff, mainly BF4, on another SSD.
Then what about programs and movies/music, Hybrid or HDD?

cheers

Associate
I have 2 SSD's. Windows 7 has its own and then all games/programs that take up a lot of power on a second SSD.

I also have a 1tb Hard drive, this has some files and low end apps on it that i wouldnt i dont need to run super fast/that often. all my files are stored on a server not my main PC.

If i was you,
SSD1 - Windows
SSD2 - Programs Drive
Hybrid - Documents
HDD - Overflow, if you ever need it.

Associate
OP
I've been looking through my drives, deciding what to transfer where, and its amazing how much space gets used with junk that is no longer required.
I'm seriously thinking about setting all the drives up, 1 SSD windows, other SSD BF4 and a few other games and wiping the HDD and HHDD back to clean.
Considering the speed of downloads these days I'm probably faster redownloading BF4 from origin than trying to copy the data over.

Associate
I'd agree with a clean install. You will find everything will be a lot faster.

A fresh install of windows and you'll be amazed at the new speed. I wouldn't clone the drives because you will copy all of the unwanted data including the Meta data and it just bogs windows down from past experiences.

Back
Top Bottom