New build constantly restarting, every second or so. What could be causing it?

Associate
OP
There is one that doesn't look quite right, to me.

P1040476.jpg

P1040475.jpg

P1040479.jpg

Caporegime
yeah the tip is bent back in on itself,gonna be hard to straighten without it snapping off

magnifying glass and a fine sewing needle might fix it,or id just rma again,gigabyte will accept rma for bent pins though

that's your issue for sure

Associate
OP
Aye, getting really frustrated now.
This means I'm going to be waiting another week for a replacement, and after this weekend, I'll rarely be coming home. I was hoping to take the new system with me.
I paid the best part of £700 (more than, if you include the PSU I needlessly bought, just in case it was a PSU problem), have already gone through the hassle of arranging returns, driving to the UPS Access Point to send the faulty board back, and making sure there would be somebody home for the replacement to be delivered. More than two weeks after placing the order, I still haven't got a working system. :(

Associate
OP
Thanks Wazza :)
With the way my luck's been, when it comes to the motherboard, I'm going to have to pick it up at a bricks and mortar place. I can't afford to spend more time sending stuff back and to. At least this way, I can exchange it on the day if my luck continues :)

Associate
OP
I bought another motherboard today (stuck with the Z87 D3HP) and so far, so good!
Haven't built the whole system yet, but the dreaded problems getting into the BIOS and constant system restarts, aren't an issue anymore, and RAM is working in all 4 slots.
3rd time lucky? I hope so!

Soldato
Was that half pin not on the cpu? If so, I'm surprised all is well on a different motherboard!

Maybe things have moved on since my 2007 system and the pins are on the motherboard socket. ;)

Back
Top Bottom