• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LuxMark 2.0 Bench Thread

Caporegime
OP
I get some dots appearing on the Room Complex bench, check my screenshot above. :eek: This is with the gpu's stock or overclocked. The other benches all run fine with no dots. Hope that's not a sign of one of my gpu's going faulty. Incidentally i ran OCCT gpu error checking for 15 minutes afterwards in crossfire and it found no errors at all.

Caporegime
OP
Room Complex - 290 Crossfire @975/1250 14.4 WHQL

ZoqfA5h.jpg

Seems like Complex is good for fishing out an unstable gpu clock. I had a driver display reset running this that's never come up before in all my time of gaming on these undervolted settings.

I get some dots appearing on the Room Complex bench, check my screenshot above. :eek: This is with the gpu's stock or overclocked. The other benches all run fine with no dots. Hope that's not a sign of one of my gpu's going faulty. Incidentally i ran OCCT gpu error checking for 15 minutes afterwards in crossfire and it found no errors at all.

PHEW!! Panic stations over. It turns out i needed another bump of voltage. This is a great gpu stress tool as well. This weeded out a fractionally unstable overclock. Something that months of gaming and lots of OCCT error testing did not pick up.

3Qy3BIj.jpg

Soldato
Crossfire 290's @977/1250

14.4 RC1
Luxball
Score - 39334
Screenshot%20%28107%29.png

Soldato
PHEW!! Panic stations over. It turns out i needed another bump of voltage. This is a great gpu stress tool as well. This weeded out a fractionally unstable overclock. Something that months of gaming and lots of OCCT error testing did not pick up.

3Qy3BIj.jpg

Still, based on 8Pack's definition of 'stable' (or 'stable enough'), don't you just need to be stable in the things you do?
So if it was stable in games, surely that's all that matters?

Caporegime
OP
Still, based on 8Pack's definition of 'stable' (or 'stable enough'), don't you just need to be stable in the things you do?

Yeah probably. Still though i like to make sure its stable for everything, even something like this. The way i look at it, it may eventually display small artifacts in games. Not sure whether id notice this or not, but id rather not take the risk. So rather than running -0.037v and -0.100mv i will now run -0.031v and -0.100mv for 24/7. I might see temps go up 1-2c or so, but id rather have that and complete stability.

Man of Honour

8 Packs definition is probably a good one to use.

A good example would be my 3970X CPU, if I were to run it @4.0ghz on any of the stress tests available for CPUs it would have no problems at all. If I were to get it to run four 290Xs, the cards would have no trouble getting it to BSOD @4.0ghz.

Back
Top Bottom