***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
You shouldn't need to factory reset, just update and everything should work ok.

"Should"

In reality major updates often cause some little issues that require a factory reset to fix. I would suggest backing up anything important and running the update. If everything is smooth and fine then great, if it's a bit niggly then FR.

EDIT\\ If you're rooted the answer is a bit more complicated than this...

Soldato
You shouldn't need to factory reset, just update and everything should work ok.

"Should"

In reality major updates often cause some little issues that require a factory reset to fix. I would suggest backing up anything important and running the update. If everything is smooth and fine then great, if it's a bit niggly then FR.

EDIT\\ If you're rooted the answer is a bit more complicated than this...

Right oh, thanks...and not rooted...

Associate
Questions:
Love the phone, HATE what they did to the software
Can i get stock andrios 4.4.2 on it easily and if i do will it all work ok
Question 2:
Where can i get the 32gb one

Flashed PA4 onto the one i received last week. Have had wireless tethering on all day, 10hrs, just about dropped to 50%. Not bad at all. I think i will keep this for the next 2 years, unless something really revolutionary comes out

Associate
Yes, you will very likely get a lot of hissing through the headphones. Lot of talk about it on XDA. Some minor solutions have been suggested, but not very effective.

I updated to KK today. Thankfully ioroot works on KK so I'm happy. (not happy about the sound problem though).

Soldato
Thanks guys. I'm struggling to find my perfect android device.

I don't have time to root and manage a device to get it just right. The g2 hardware hits all the buttons but I won't buy anything I need to root in order to fix.

I thought g2 and KitKat might bring on screen multi tasking.

Associate
So can anyone recommend a screen protector.

Some comments on Amazon say they are not a perfect fit or the cutouts are off so i would really like a recommendation from you guys before i buy one.

Cheers

Associate
I've got the HD Clarity LG G2 duluxe three pack thing.

I used one and messed it up and the second went on perfrect and has stayed that way, doesn't smudge and has the correct cut puts and also fits the curved screen.

Soldato
Just bought an LG G2 should be here tomorrow i hope i have made the right choice :p

Currently have a Samsung galaxy nexus which has been great but its getting on a bit now :) hope its a nice improvement :D

Soldato
Got my phone today im really impressed by this phone the screen is gorgeous and its really quick and snappy.. i think im going to like this phone :D

Do i need to let the battery run down to get the best out of it or does it not matter or should i just charge it when needed ? :p

Back
Top Bottom