Wireless HDMI?

Associate
Hi bit of an odd question I'm moving to a new house and was wondering whether i could stream my PC to my TV via HDMI - from searching i can't seem to find anything other than USB wireless?

Just looking for a small simple solution rather than using a media player and a hard drive if any one has any experience or can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Associate
I have a HDMI over cat6 product from a manufacturer called Neet. They have lots of different models but the ones I use are full 1080p up to 30meters.

2 boxes, one at scource end. Other at monitor end connected to both devices by HDMI. The boxes then have 2 CAt6 Ethernet cables joining them. They also work on cat 5e.

Highly recommend them. Really easy to set up and, touch wood, never had a problem with them.

Associate
OP
I have a HDMI over cat6 product from a manufacturer called Neet. They have lots of different models but the ones I use are full 1080p up to 30meters.

2 boxes, one at scource end. Other at monitor end connected to both devices by HDMI. The boxes then have 2 CAt6 Ethernet cables joining them. They also work on cat 5e.

Highly recommend them. Really easy to set up and, touch wood, never had a problem with them.

But then it's not wireless? or am i missing something

Smart TV?
Chromecast?

Both effectively a media player admittedly. How far apart are the two? Have you considered how you're going to control the PC?

i own a WD live box so i could technically stream currently what im looking for is a no wires solution that i could play games/ watch movies from hence the streaming from my pc rather than a media player. the pc isn't far from the tv maybe 4 metres away.

I'm trying to do some forward planning before i move in to the new place and try and connect everything with minimal wires if that makes sense?

Associate
No with the extenders it wouldn't be wireless.

I have tried wireless before. They are a lot more expensive and I'm my experience VERY tempromental. I rarely had a full hd output on my TV. If you are able to hide the wires dedicatedly for for the HDMI over Ethernet.

My personal advise. Avoid wireless HDMI

Associate
OP
Bugger as i thought might have to do the HDMI 10m option , The TV will be wall mounted so i'd already have a power cable and was thinking of using some trunking to cover it guess i might as well stick the HDMI cable in there as well!

Back
Top Bottom