** AOC Q2770PQU Owners Thread **

Soldato
I found some of explanation for hdmi sound problem searching other forums ..
even though powerstrip was updating monitor frequency apparent DirectX driver is not informed so
continues to send (video+sound) at original rate
Most folks seem to use CRU (custom resolution utility) for setting custom resolutions rather than powerstrip;
with this I found I have a 165MHz single link pixel clock limit with my ATI video card which limits refresh
to about 40HZ (2560x1440) , hdmi sound+picture is fine at this rate.
Although CRU has a utility for patching pixel clock (giving 240Mhz for 60hz refresh) this revokes hdcp support
(so maybe IPlayer/flash will not work?).
I am not sure this patcher will work anyway on older laptop which has ATI hd3000 series card.

Soldato
Im in the market for a new monitor, probably looking at getting a 27" 1440p IPS screen but I was curious, has anyone had any issues with fps / third person games on this monitor as I'm swinging towards this right now. I am mainly playing COH2 / World of Tanks but I do play fps games as well.

Last edited:
Associate
I am definately looking at purchasing one of these monitors too once I have got the funds together. Shame they just went back up to £389.99 :(

Soldato
Not overly happy with mine. With a white screen, it's a nice clean white on the left and a warm ivory colour to the right. This is an annoying issue if i have three browser/office windows open and they all are heavy on the whites. Not the greatest for backlight bleed either. Fairly large patch at the top of the screen. I may have got a Friday afternoon special.

Soldato
Not overly happy with mine. With a white screen, it's a nice clean white on the left and a warm ivory colour to the right. This is an annoying issue if i have three browser/office windows open and they all are heavy on the whites. Not the greatest for backlight bleed either. Fairly large patch at the top of the screen. I may have got a Friday afternoon special.

Are you sure the bleed is not glow ? does it move when you move your head around.

Mine is uniform with whites, If one side of the screen is different to the other I would say it's faulty.

Associate
Missed this dedicated thread for this great monitor as I started to discuss it before within the 27" thread. Copying what I have posted there :

Got my AOC yesterday. Very happy with the quality of this monitor even if it is my first 27" so can't compare. A huge step forward from my 24" by all means.
Responsiveness with games is fine for me and I wouldn't give up with this resolution to get a faster response.
As expected from the review OSD buttons to be reached blindly is not the most practical. There is a provided software (I-menu) which helps to set up from the screen but I don't like all those software accumulating in the background of my process. And some info about i-menu is lacking: what are those "hotkeys" you may activate with it ?

I thought I had a problem with the DVI entry (the DP working fine) until I figured out you need a dual link cable (provided).... even if you are running on the 1040 resolution. I thought that was only necessary for the 1440.

Associate

Defiantly sounds like a duff unit.
As MOOGLEYS, mine if pretty much perfect as well.

Associate

I must say that I don't have any issues with a white screen either. did you set up the monitor as per PCM2 settings?

The only issue that I really had was when I loaded the profile which came on the drivers disc it made whites look yellow especially opening up pictures in Windows Photo Viewer so I just disabled it to use the default profile.

But I would like to know from other users here with this monitor if they had any issues with using the default profile supplied on the disc?

Associate
The viewing angle on these isn't quite as good as some and the is a bit of bleed but using i-Menu to play with the settings has it set nicely.
Good purchase for the price, recommended.

Associate
Has anyone got input lag figures for this screen? Wanting to pull the trigger on one of these but the Asus Pb278q is my option, just can't decide, input lag on the Asus us reported to be 16 or so but what for the AOC?

Soldato
Has anyone got input lag figures for this screen? Wanting to pull the trigger on one of these but the Asus Pb278q is my option, just can't decide, input lag on the Asus us reported to be 16 or so but what for the AOC?

It depends which source you use. The input lag of the ASUS has been measured by what I consider to be quite an accurate method by PRAD at over 20ms. For the AOC there is a measurement of 22.6ms on my review, an average value from many readings taken using SMTT 2.0.

Don't fall into the trap of obsessing about input lag figures without appreciating the pitfalls associated with how they're measured, though. The measurement methods commonly used rely on a visual assessment, influenced by pixel responsiveness and involving a degree of interpretation. When people think of input lag and discuss it, what they're really interested in is the signal delay or how responsive the monitor feels. In practice the AOC and ASUS are absolutely equivalent in that regard.

Associate
I am about to pull the trigger one of these as they have been reduced again (shame its not £349.99 but we cant have everything).

I will be needing a second monitor to sit alongside this one but I dont want another Q2770PQU as it will be a massive overkill for my needs not to mention a lot of money.

Is anyone able to tell me the height of the screen including the bezel (excluding the stand) as I will be looking for a second monitor for a dual screen setup. I would like one thats roughly the same height so its looks symetrical?

Last edited:
Associate
Is there any difference between the various input options (well apart from VGA which is obvious not upto the standard of the others). Connected mine via the supplied DVI cable but before I stick the other cables it came with into my "cables that may come in useful one day" storage wanted to check that I'm not using the wrong choice ... is there any difference say between (dual-link) DVI and DisplayPort etc or are they all effective the same signals going through different shaped plugs!

Back
Top Bottom