• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TitanZ: delayed indefinitely?

Soldato
Don't be surprised if we see two full fat GK110 chips with 3gb of vram each on the same PCB with a tweaked cooler. All labled as a GTX 790

NVidia should be able to push the above out the door for less than 1K.

Not should be, of course they can. Titans cost nowhere near the price they were on release to produce. In fact, Titans would have had a similar BOM to the GTX 580 when it was release. Not the same, but still largely similar, so of course they *could* do it for under £1000, but nVidia have doubled the price you pay per mm² of GPU since the Fermi days., so whilst they can do it, there's no chance they will do it.

Caporegime
I can't see it getting cancelled, that's a massive slap in the face for nvidia, AMD will rip the **** out of them in PR.

Then consider how catastrophic it would be for the fanboys in here, they will take an utter tanking of biblical proportion.:D

I can see them pushing out all the stops to get it to market one way or another, be it redesigned cooler or cut down the gpu's, idk the time frame involved though.

It could be a non story at the end of the day too and the driver is getting tweaked further causing the delay.

Maybe FCAT will be banned in every review as nvidia work their 'magic' to improve Sli scaling.;)

You have to say it, props to AMD if this is true. Stole the thunder of the TitanZ and took a dump on Jen Hsun Huang's face at the same time. Especially when you look back to the TitanZ keynote.

IydxGph.jpg.png

Associate
You have to say it, props to AMD if this is true. Stole the thunder of the TitanZ and took a dump on Jen Hsun Huang's face at the same time. Especially when you look back to the TitanZ keynote.

OpoQQ.jpg

Yes the ati is cheaper (ati's main selling point is price/performance) and yes the titan z is a pretty silly price mainly because you could buy 2 full fat titan black's and some after market coolers for that price and wipe the floor with anything... ;)

Caporegime
OpoQQ.jpg

Yes the ati is cheaper (ati's main selling point is price/performance) and yes the titan z is a pretty silly price mainly because you could buy 2 full fat titan black's and some after market coolers for that price and wipe the floor with anything... ;)

Considering a 295x2 is faster than 780TI SLI id say a couple of titan blacks would be a good match for it at stock anyway. Trouble is they will never be able to keep the price down that way. I think Kaap might be right, expect 2x780TI's on a single pcb with a 3gb frame buffer. Keep the cost down, bump the clocks to equal or beat the 295x2 and bobs your uncle. Will they be able to keep temps in check though with an air cooler? That's their main problem i expect.

What Meme/Pic is that? :p

I have stock, they best not cancel it. :D

:eek:

DUM DUM DUM!

**** just got interesting. What's the launch price Gibbo?

bru

bru

Soldato

To be honest this isn't actually surprising seeing as it was all set for a launch and they delayed it at the last minute.
Of course they could still cancel but if the retailers have the cards I cannot see it happening.

Soldato
According to kitguru, the titanZ won't be making an appearance at all

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...n-z-makes-no-show-seems-delayed-indefinitely/

I'm not surprised if its true, as the price of the card was just daft. It was hard enough justifying the price of the titan cards, but the dual solution of the titan blacks is just a step too far in my opinion. I'm sure that opinion is shared my the vast majority of people on this forum also, so this card won't be mourned if the news is true by either sides of the GPU camp.

Which to believe?:D

Soldato

If they cancel it really then the cards don't exist and to save u headaches with cards that shouldn't exists at a stock take i am willing to take them off your hands at no cost to myself it will only cost u postage for such a easy way out :)

Soldato
Guess the temperature thing was true then. Maybe air cooling just isn't enough for two powerful GPU cores.

Well, logically speaking if the card has GPU's with the same TDP as the ones on the HD7990, and a better cooler than the HD7990 the shouldn't be an issue no?

Something tells me Nvidia didn't have a clue the 295 was hybrid cooled and thought they could produce a gimped dual gpu that would be faster than an air cooled heavily castrated 295 and rip the utter **** out of it's epeen followers pockets.

They would have known well in advance. The 295X2 uses an Asetek cooler based on the design originally used on the ASUS ARES HD7990. Considering the amount of non AMD lips that would have had to stay sealed for Nvidia not to know it's just not feasible.

Back
Top Bottom