What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
What did I do to my bike today...?
Well I bought it on Thursday ( Versys 650 ) and sold the GS today.
The new bike needed a good clean so I set to it with the muc off and it come up pretty good, the seat wasn't looking very clean so used Autoglym vinyl and rubber something on it and it looks like brand new now, I then set about cleaning all of the plastic bits with said vinyl and rubber cleaner and it brought them up also.
Then had to pick missus up, then barby round at her aunties then the guy came to collect to GS.
Finally got to go for a ride at about 19:40 and got in at 22:00 with a bike that now needs cleaning again !!!

Associate
Took a MT-09 out for a test ride :)

14022267618_6037de6637_o.jpg

Great bike. Nice and light, really easy to flip around the place. Good brakes. Lots of torque. Little bit buzzy at high speed, but it is only an 850 ;) Suspension was a bit soft for me, or I just wasn't heavy enough for it, but it cornered well. After only 15 mins on it my ass felt a bit sore, but then I had just gotten off the Fireblade before that... Good looking bike too, not quite sure it looks as good as a Street/Speed Triple though ;) Silky gear box, not clunky like on the Speed Triple.

One of the best contenders so far for Speedy replacement, but not just yet. Around £7k new, so it'll be a few years before they come down into my preferred price range. The one I tested was apparently used in the Thundersprint last week too :D

Associate
did you leave it in gear?

I hate it when the mot folks always leave my bike out of gear:mad: just asking for it to roll off the stand

No, can't leave it in gear when the side stand is down (engine was running) :) I've done the same thing since I've been riding and this is the first time it has happened, just one of those things I guess. Fortunately the only damage was to the crash bung and case protector so it's not a big deal I guess, just quite annoyed that it happened yesterday!

Soldato
Just got back from a Weekend in North Wales, Betws-y-Coed, and have to say it is so beautiful up there. As soon as I crossed the border into Wales the scenery just changed to amazing. Aching all over but it was wroth it.

x7u6Wav.jpg

3t7pnCf.jpg

Soldato
They are. I went on a 45ish bike meet up and in the first of the 2 groups for the Saturday ride out, someone came off their bike when the front wheel lost it on gravel and he broke his arm and shoulder. He's still in hospital unfortunately :(

Soldato
Gave my cagiva mito evo 2 a clean, started it up before a ride out and noticed a hole in my expansion chamber, so I now need a new exhaust for it.

Anyone know of any? Want a stainless steel one so it does not rust.

Soldato
Yeh arrow are too much for me. The silencer is fine, just need the front/expansion chamber.

I can't get it welded as it is very very close to the swinging arm, i think it's been rubbing tbh and caused a little hole.

Soldato
Went on a midnight ride out round London last night, 54 bikes revving engines on Tottenham Court Road certainly was something to witness! Lots of camera phones in use, we must be on YouTube somewhere.

Associate
Yeh arrow are too much for me. The silencer is fine, just need the front/expansion chamber.

I can't get it welded as it is very very close to the swinging arm, i think it's been rubbing tbh and caused a little hole.

You can still get it welded, just get the rot cut out and have a plate welded in flush.

You shouldn't need a stainless pipe on a 2t, the inside won't rot due to the oil, it's the outside that gets coated or treated.

You can get bare steel pipes but they require a lot of maintenance to stay good.

Caporegime

this is what i meant but they are so expensive imo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cagiva-Mito-125-1994-2006-Arrow-Performance-Exhaust-System-/291134776187

or a giannelli

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXHAUST-G...ITO-125-1997-97-1998-98-1999-99-/161017965965

i don't think "big one" make them for the mito,

and yeah black painted expansion chambers tend to rot before your very eyes,i was forever grinding/painting mine

Back
Top Bottom