• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Haswell Refresh Processors Codenamed Devil’s Canyon – Launching in Mid 2014 With Unlocked Desi

Associate
They did/do.
Only not separate, as part of a bundle.

Worked out something like £400 for the chip for a 4.6Ghz minimum clock, came delidded and CLU applied. Decent value imho.

Are you referring to 'motherboard bundle'? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=2512&sortby=nameAsc

But didn;t see they're selling a chip for minimum 4.6G for 400gbp, the closest one is this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-172-OE&groupid=43&catid=2512

OC to 4.4G and the price is ......

Moreover, I can understand why they sell the overclocked chip with mobo and I feel it's necessary to do so. But they also bundle the RAM and force you to pay more. I;m unhappy with this. Do I have a option without the RAM?

Associate
The bundle is called extreme, cant link from my phone. But it comes with a guaranteed 4.6ghz oc, delidded and clu paste for much lower temps, choice of mobo, coolers and ram.

This is exactly what I need. A well-clocked chip and delidded. Could you please try to find the link tomorrow? Thanks a lot mate
One more question, what did you get? only a CPU or CPU+mobo + ram (possibly)?

Permabanned
For me it will all depend on how hot they run, that and board compatibility of course.

I can't get my 4770k higher than 4.1 without the temps hitting 100 within ten minutes of stress testing and blue screening, Mind you I'm not experienced at overclocking so it could be my fault, I've got it under a refurbished H100 that was sold here a few months back. Seeing as the 4790k requires z97 I'm gonna sell my cpu, motherboard and win 7 os together and do a canyon build on Win 8.1.

Soldato
This is exactly what I need. A well-clocked chip and delidded. Could you please try to find the link tomorrow? Thanks a lot mate
One more question, what did you get? only a CPU or CPU+mobo + ram (possibly)?

They no longer stock it, it seems :(
Guess it's being changed with the 4790k or the chips are being used for 8 pack systems instead ;)

I bought the bundle, iirc it cost £650 with 8gb ram, motherboard and the chip. If you were to split the prices down, paying retail for ram and board the chip itself worked out around the £400 mark....again, they were not sold separately :)

I really hope OCUK do the extreme bundles again, as i'll snap one up. Just sell what it replaces ;)

Edit:
Found Paul's thread about their bundle ;)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18540313

Associate
They no longer stock it, it seems :(
Guess it's being changed with the 4790k or the chips are being used for 8 pack systems instead ;)

I bought the bundle, iirc it cost £650 with 8gb ram, motherboard and the chip. If you were to split the prices down, paying retail for ram and board the chip itself worked out around the £400 mark....again, they were not sold separately :)

I really hope OCUK do the extreme bundles again, as i'll snap one up. Just sell what it replaces ;)

Edit:
Found Paul's thread about their bundle ;)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18540313

Did 4.6G the highest they offer you? Can I find a 5G chip?:D

Soldato
Did 4.6G the highest they offer you? Can I find a 5G chip?:D

I will have to find an 8pack quote, but they put their bundles based on what your worse chips does, not your best. Most of the chips on those bundles were easily doing 4.8/4.9. Some were getting up and past 5ghz. (mine unfortunately only ever booted into windows with 5, needed silly volts for a stable bench 5)

Shame they are no longer offering the bundle, and hopefully they offer a similar bundle with the new 4790k ;)

Associate
I will have to find an 8pack quote, but they put their bundles based on what your worse chips does, not your best. Most of the chips on those bundles were easily doing 4.8/4.9. Some were getting up and past 5ghz. (mine unfortunately only ever booted into windows with 5, needed silly volts for a stable bench 5)

Shame they are no longer offering the bundle, and hopefully they offer a similar bundle with the new 4790k ;)

Looking forward to seeing this bundle again when 4790K release.
What a shame if they stick to using them in 8pack systems,clearly they can make more profit from 8pack systems.

Btw, can I ask for some specific requests for these overclocked CPUs? For example, I focused more on RAM oc than CPU oc, can I ask for a chip with very strong memory controller?;)

Associate
i wonder how far these new chips will go? they are already tightly binned at the factory

so not much room for more i would have thought

Apparently, they are not binned at the factory but by some overclocking professionals.

Regarding how far you can push it, it really depends.
Sometimes,the temperature is out of control before reaching the chip's limit

Soldato
Btw, can I ask for some specific requests for these overclocked CPUs? For example, I focused more on RAM oc than CPU oc, can I ask for a chip with very strong memory controller?;)

As far as i was away they were only core binned, and were sold with 1866mhz memory to begin with and later changed to 2133mhz. That being said, i dont think anyone who bought the bundle had problems running 2600+memory with tight timings.

Associate
As far as i was away they were only core binned, and were sold with 1866mhz memory to begin with and later changed to 2133mhz. That being said, i dont think anyone who bought the bundle had problems running 2600+memory with tight timings.

I would definitely skip testing RAM at 2666 and jump to 3000+ on haswell.
I'm looking for a chip can do about 3600Mhz dual channel on air.

Associate
DIMM2: G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL (2 sticks that's 8GB in total)

hi guys i'm waiting for haswell refresh K release next month to build a new pc & i'm wondering if my current ram will be suitable for overclocking the i5 haswell cpu ? if not which ram should i get ? thanks

Soldato
Agreed, I remember paying £282.50 delivered for a Q9650 and thinking I had got a great deal, IMO CPU prices have never been better than today :)

Seriously? I paid £125 for a i5 760. The 2500k was around the same price when launched then increased to around £145 after a while. Then the i5 3570k came out around £155 followed by the i5 4670k at £160+. The prices have been increasing so they have been much better than they are today.

You can't compare an i5 750 to a Q9650, a worthy comparison would be an i7 860 or 920. The prices have increased over the last few gens yes (partially due to a VAT increase during that time) however wages have gone up more. Today represents the best price performance in relation to wages.

Associate
its a dire chip if it needs that much lol :D
A good chip will boot into windows at 5g using that much.

Wouldn't call booting into windows @5GHz using 1.3v+ good... Decent if you can run superpi.

I'm fortunate enough to own a good 4770K so I don't have to look at Devil's Canyon.

a7849409_3dmark.PNG

But for people who don't want to play the lottery it might be pretty nice. Assuming they actually do OC consistently better than 4770Ks.

Associate
Wouldn't call booting into windows @5GHz using 1.3v+ good... Decent if you can run superpi.

I'm fortunate enough to own a good 4770K so I don't have to look at Devil's Canyon.

a7849409_3dmark.PNG

But for people who don't want to play the lottery it might be pretty nice. Assuming they actually do OC consistently better than 4770Ks.

Where did you get this chip, that's very impressive chip? was this sold as binned chip or you won the lottery?
Do you have plans to sell this chip?;)

Back
Top Bottom