Watch Dogs - Ubisoft's Third Person Shooter

Associate
Really enjoyed the game, has kept me really entertained, it has sporadic slow downs in parts, 60+fps smooth, and then all of a sudden the game will hang for a few seconds and then go to 5fps hang again a few more times and then carry on as normal, dont think its a problem with my pc, but the game itself.

Ati 7970
8gb ram
i5 3570k @ 4ghz

girlfriend refuses to play pc games, so we are also going to pick the game up tonight from tesco if they have it in stock for the ps4, so will probably play through again on that after she is done with it.

I never played any side missions just straight through the whole main story, would say their was a good 7-10 hours worth of game play for the main story

would give the game 7/10

Last edited:
Associate
Have you logged in and checked your account? I didn't receive an email. Works perfectly on mine with Ultra settings, 1080P. Haven't checked the fps, but no problems with my setup, thought it might look better, though.

Yea tried a couple of times after midnight as well to make sure im in work now, and when I get in ill have to look after the troublesome twins.:(

Caporegime
It is an average game, it's a somewhat solidl average game though.
It could have been great, it however isn't, it's just "another game"

It's the subtle things, shoot a balloon, oh wait, the balloon's static, in a "AAA SUPA GOOD" 2014 game.

Associate
Ive registered with uplay but when I try to launch the game I get error watch dogs requires windows vista sp1 or higher and im on win 7 64

Simple fix all.

Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Watch_Dogs\bin

Or wherever it is installed.

Right click the Watch_Dogs Application and click properties.

Choose Campatibilty

Click the campatibilty box and choose Vista SP1

Start the game and have fun!

SOURCE: I just did it and I am playing.

Associate
I may be too skeptical but i cannot help but notice that some of the major console game reviewers (e.g. ign, gamespot) have either not talked about graphics at all or if they have then its only a comment on how good the rain looks. I just feel that either they have been given (cough) orders to keep it that way or simply know it but just don't want to get into it.

I still feel that graphics was a major let down and a title of AAA category simply cannot be forgiven when the developer wowed us at E312 and promised us much. Anyway, my thoughts only, will wait to see what people post after running it on the pc before i decide whether i want to get this or not.

What do you guys think about all this? :D

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBb2BIVrV7M

Here's TB's thoughts on it. I've not watched the video yet so can't say his opinion on it. To be honest I'm going to decide whether I'll get this game based on what he thinks of the game as our views tend to align most of the time. That's not to say I won't get it in a sale some time.

an hour long! :eek:

Is there a TLDR summary somewhere for simpletons? ;)

Soldato
The graphics argument has been done to death already, yes its a downgrade so lets move on and talk about the gameplay....

The problem is the gameplay is average at best, giving the impression that everything that we saw at E3 2012 was just one big ubisoft PR exercise that the devs couldn't live up to. Its the Halo 2 of this generation.

Associate
I have the pc version and its set the gfx all to ultra from what I can tell.

Only played a few mins for a quick look and gfx look good to me and fps stay above 100 at the lowest and 138 highest ive seen so far but I expect they will drop lots when outside.

Going back in for a play.

Associate
Registered an account last night and redeemed the code, only I did the 'trick' where you enter your email address then add +<WhateverHere> like I usually do.

As it turns out, it lets you register the account, but it won't let you log in using it. It just does a client check to detect the + sign, and then won't even let you try to login :rolleyes:

Soldato
Glad the reviews reflect the truth. Thought many would have paid off for good reviews, but seems a lot of reviews are telling it how it is. (Which is what I did btw and got flamed for lol).

Mediocre game. Not awful but not great either. Isn't the game shown at E3 2012..

Back
Top Bottom