Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
I love Mercedes'.

C111-3_top.jpg

For all you poor people who don't have 7216*5412 resolutions screens

C111-3_top%20%28Custom%29.jpg
Oh yes.

Caporegime
I dont own an AMG but i have a few family members that do. My bro in Canada owns a C63 and ive driven it a few times when ive been there visiting...stupendous engine and goes like **** off a shovel but as someone said the interior isnt that great. But id still have one in a heartbeat...

Then my eldest uncle is a complete AMG head, he currently owns an E55 AMG which has around 55k miles on it...think its over 10 yrs old now. Superb condition for such an old AMG. He then has a 55 reg SL55 AMG, along with a 63 reg SL63 AMG, then a 63 reg S63 AMG and finally also owns a 61 reg ML63 AMG. Ive driven both his S63 and the SL63 and again both amazing cars and amazing engine notes. Will have to get some pics next time im round his place. But as i said he is a complete AMG head, absolutely loves him and wont consider buying anything else even though he could easily afford a Ferrari or Lambo if he really wanted to.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My step dad went for the C63 and after some ball ache with cars becoming unavailable once he'd agreed to take them he's ended up with a silver/black leather combo which he picks up tomorrow I believe.

Pity the grey with black/red leather one wasn't available as the combo was better, but will still be smart enough.

Soldato
I've been lurking on a couple of MB forums before I bought mine for research but found there wasn't much talk of them on here besides the odd thread.

Because the internet is too new for the typical Mercedes driver?

Jk.

Would like a 63 AMG someday. But doubt I could bring myself to. A friend of mine drives only Mercs, and he has put me off them (the interiors all seem a bit bland to me). Well the new ones anyway.

We'll see how his CLA AMG 45 is though. Might change my mind.

Some nice looking motors here though. Especially the older ones...

Soldato
I dont own an AMG but i have a few family members that do. My bro in Canada owns a C63 and ive driven it a few times when ive been there visiting...stupendous engine and goes like **** off a shovel but as someone said the interior isnt that great. But id still have one in a heartbeat...

Then my eldest uncle is a complete AMG head, he currently owns an E55 AMG which has around 55k miles on it...think its over 10 yrs old now. Superb condition for such an old AMG. He then has a 55 reg SL55 AMG, along with a 63 reg SL63 AMG, then a 63 reg S63 AMG and finally also owns a 61 reg ML63 AMG. Ive driven both his S63 and the SL63 and again both amazing cars and amazing engine notes. Will have to get some pics next time im round his place. But as i said he is a complete AMG head, absolutely loves him and wont consider buying anything else even though he could easily afford a Ferrari or Lambo if he really wanted to.

Tell him to get a zonda amg inside;)

Associate
Would love to own a C63 at some point. Maybe when I can only get away with 1 car and I need the best of all worlds.

Definitely like the drug dealer spec. Who cares anyway....dat V8 :)

Soldato
OP
Can anyone tell me anything about the CL65 circa 2006? 6.0 612bhp Bi Turbo V12.

Reading around are fairly reliable but the internet suggests that not many places (including Merc) know them well enough to fault find/diagnose in the event that something went wrong so it could end up costing a kidney and first born to fix.

Soldato
Really not a Mercedes fan, never really understood the fascination, apart from the quality.
Just not a fan of the style and bling/chrome that usually comes with them.

The new AMG A-Series is probably the only Mercedes i would consider owning if i had the money. But would probably settle for a BMW M135.

Soldato
Reading around are fairly reliable but the internet suggests that not many places (including Merc) know them well enough to fault find/diagnose in the event that something went wrong so it could end up costing a kidney and first born to fix.

It will surely cost an absolute fortune to run. Even simple servicing like a spark plug change will be horrific (don't they take 24?)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
My dad owns something special, its a 1964 300se. Its the 6 cylinder which i think is a 2.8. He bought it in Germany quite a few years ago. Its pretty much showroom condition. It has been up for sale for a while as he now lives in brazil.
SDC11268_Medium.jpg

SDC11271_Medium.jpg

SDC11272_Medium_copy.jpg

Added a couple more for you :)

SDC11267_Medium_copy.jpg

SDC11274_Medium.jpg

Wow, that wins the thread :eek: Absolutely gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom