**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
I'm careful about the cr*p I download but yes I've been downloading the beta's when they are put up on TT.

With the latest beta be aware that you may have to force a cmos refresh and disconnect any attached monitors, boot, then reconnect and boot. Took me a while to figure that out but finally after trying a few things everything was fine after reconnecting monitors.

Soldato
^^^ Just to add. Although I have not needed to do that remember that at a flick of a switch (with the power off etc) you can flip to your back up BIOS, now that has been useful.

TT - is a good place, with few scarey monsters ;)

Soldato
I've just noticed a problem I've had since upgrading to 8.1
USB3 is sloooooow. I've checked the Gigabyte site but it only lists USB3 drivers for Windows 7 and not Windows 8.
Should I just install the Win 7 drivers anyway and hope for the best?

Soldato
I've just noticed a problem I've had since upgrading to 8.1
USB3 is sloooooow. I've checked the Gigabyte site but it only lists USB3 drivers for Windows 7 and not Windows 8.
Should I just install the Win 7 drivers anyway and hope for the best?

What speed differences are you noting since your update to Windows 8.1 and, I assume, what you got from using the same ports under Windows 8..?

Mine seem to be the drivers applied by Windows 8.1 and run fine when using USB 3 sticks and drives, more so when using the Intel ports.

Soldato
Only getting a 12MB write speed of big(ger) files. CBT nugget CCENT videos to be exact. Using the same stick in the same port as I was with 7. Just seemed to take forever writing them and IIRC 12MB used to be what I got with my DT101 USB2 stick.

Soldato
But what stick is it that is giving you this problem and which (VIA or Intel) USB 3 ports are you using...?

On one of my USB 3 sticks I get 21MB/s write and 91MB/s read.
Another will give me 36MB/s write and 84MB/s read.

Large single video files.

Associate
Dont know if this is the right place, But since a clean installl of windows 8.1 yesterday, i have no sound, Iv looked around the forums, and it appears to be all about the audio creative soundblaster.
How can i get my speakers to work, my headphones are working fine, since iv tried to install realtek drivers, and this creative soundblaster from gigabyte, but styill nothing works, and the creative dashboard does not either.
Looking around the forums, i havent found any solutions, just what the issue is, and people saying to download the drivers which iv done.
Hoping you guys here in the know may have a work around, or does it mean i will no longer get sound from speakers, Side issue iv just got an AMD 290x I keep hearing about it has quality audio sound, can i use that some how ?

Associate
Just a quick one.

Ive flashed the bios with the 16g version from tweak town, it hasn't got a Gigabyte splash screen, is that correct ?

Basically its a black screen until the windows start logo comes up, i can get into the bios without a problem as you just tap away on whichever key you need from the start, you have to do it that way as their is no bios prompt screen.

Associate
Cheers Stulid

16g was the most recent i could find via a google search, so its a beta then ?

What's the latest bios for this preferably a stable one with the splash screen, do you have a direct link ?

All the official Gigabyte ones i tried upto 15q all seemed to have that power surge on USB port error which got on my nerves, do tweak town have a better, later more stable one ?

Associate
I installed 16g in Jan 2014 when it first appeared. I haven't had a USB power surge since, but I only had 3 or 4 before 16g.

I get the new BIOS splash screen:

BIOS_Splash_16g.JPG

Matrix - are you using AMD card? I didn't see the splash screen before I got an nVidia card.

Last edited:
Associate
Matrix - are you using AMD card? I didn't see the splash screen before I got an nVidia card.

Thanks for that Bar, yeh mate im using a Vapor X 7970. I presume that explains why i'm not seeing a a splash screen ? Strange isn't it that by changing to a different brand of GPU allows you to see a bios splash screen, wonder what causes it ?

Back
Top Bottom