*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
Its real! At work at the mo will post trailer on my break unless someone else gets to it first

From the mind that brought us Demon Souls and Dark souls 1

http://youtu.be/G203e1HhixY

Found by "Craterloads"

Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.
A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you'll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.
A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation(R)4 system.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Weird that the leaked info had some gameplay while E3 was a trailer - nothing about it really informs what it might end up being. This might not be the (spiritual) successor to DS, hell might not be souls-like at all. More than fine with that...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Hyped already. If they retain Souls combat in that awesome Gothic looking world then I'm all in. As a side note, I'd love a more traditional RPG with souls combat. A game where you get quests and explore a diverse open world rather than everything be out to kill you in a dark gloomy world.

Man of Honour
Hyped already. If they retain Souls combat in that awesome Gothic looking world then I'm all in. As a side note, I'd love a more traditional RPG with souls combat. A game where you get quests and explore a diverse open world rather than everything be out to kill you in a dark gloomy world.
That would be absolutely immense, I'd be all over that.

Caporegime
I want a Souls western, I think that setting and the animals/natives and nomadic nature would work really well with the Souls formula...

I dont mind gothic but I feel Souls has pretty much done that justice

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
OP

I think dragons dogma was said to come close, maybe check it out! I havent tried it yet but got it on ps plus

Soldato
A bit more variety to the combat this time pls. I'll probably get strung up for saying this, but I'm getting bored of the Demon's/Dark Souls combat now. More usable/effective, dodges, rolls, parries, combos, crowd control etc. Don't get me wrong - it's great, but it could be so much more.

Soldato
Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.

• A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
  • Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you'll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city's dark secrets.
  • A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation(R)4 system.

Think this is exactly what the "series" needed, a detailed and rich environment in a eerie gothic city with untold beasts lurking behind every door! From the e3 trailer the game seems to differ greatly from the souls games but from the gameplay leaks seems familiar. Perhaps a mash of the two.

Whilst not clear are we getting a set character or will there be customisation options? creating your own character / upgrading is a important part of souls games.

Soldato
OP
Think this is exactly what the "series" needed, a detailed and rich environment in a eerie gothic city with untold beasts lurking behind every door! From the e3 trailer the game seems to differ greatly from the souls games but from the gameplay leaks seems familiar. Perhaps a mash of the two.

Whilst not clear are we getting a set character or will there be customisation options? creating your own character / upgrading is a important part of souls games.

I will put that info up the top :) cheers

Soldato
Hello, PlayStation fans. This is Masaaki Yamagiwa from Japan Studio.

I am here to talk about a new Action RPG, Bloodborne, which will launch early 2015 exclusively for the PlayStation 4 console. Bloodborne is a new collaboration for us, being developed by FromSoftware and produced by SCE Japan Studio. This game will transport players to a dark and terror-filled gothic world, a world full of deranged beings and nightmarish creatures.

Bloodborne takes place in an ancient, forgotten city called Yharnam, known for an old medical remedy. Over the years, many hopeless and afflicted people have made long pilgrimages to Yharnam in search of help. As the main character, you are one of these travelers. However, you find that Yharnam is also cursed with a horrible endemic illness. You must navigate the perilous streets of this city, fighting off nightmarish creatures, malformed beasts and deranged mobs stricken with this horrific illness. Face your fears as you discover the secrets and mysteries of this dark and horrific world where danger, death and madness lurk around every corner.

In Bloodborne, the combat is based on intense life-threatening battles. One of the ways we are bringing that sense of danger to life is by keeping the deep strategic elements from Demon’s Souls, while also transitioning from the passive and block-and-attack style of Demon’s Souls to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns.

Special message from Director Hidetaka Miyazaki:
“Creating Bloodborne as a completely new game on the new PlayStation 4 hardware has allowed us to really push the envelope in myriad ways. That being said, in more ways than one, it also very much retains our distinct, signature style. As has been at the core of our development philosophy since Demon’s Souls, we make true games for people who love games. Please watch for more to come on Bloodborne, and thank you very much for your support.”
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ils/#sf3256110

14393090315_a3c92ca456_o.jpg

14206524640_b32745e029_o.jpg

14413267453_9ede702941_o.jpg

14206641937_9baf8e76b0_o.jpg

14206641977_190463c992_o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

Nice, can see why they chose to show it behind closed doors as is very early (framerate issues etc as expected this early). Couldn't ask for more, that looks like everything I could have asked for.

Kind of bumbed about no shield, that puppy kept me alive so many times!

Man of Honour
It's a Souls-type game, it's almost guaranteed to have framerate issues at some point!

And I agree that the lack of a shield will be a big change. Like most people I use the shield a lot when I first meet enemies so I can try to learn their attacks. Without a shield we'll just have to be a lot more aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom